PDA

View Full Version : Moving(in state) before receiving stamp

rjacobs
01-30-12, 10:54
Here comes another dumb NFA question from an NFA newbie.

I sent off my first Form 1 a few weeks ago. I am going to be moving in about a month(WAY before my stamp comes back). I am simply moving to another city in my same state. The house I am moving out of is still going to be owned by my current room mate and they are not moving out so getting mail isnt a big deal. I can leave my "residency" at this address also for as long as I need to.

I know if I already had my stamp I wouldnt legally have to report the move because its in state.

Anything I should do or just not worry about it and have my room mate call me when my stamp arrives?

scottryan
01-30-12, 13:37
Are you in college or something? Where do your parents live?

Why didn't you submit the form until after you moved?

rjacobs
01-30-12, 13:39
not in college. did not know I was going to be moving. Bought a house.

Dolphinvet
01-30-12, 14:15
I'd just have them call you when the stamp arrives, then submit a change of address to ATF. As long as you're in the same state, it shouldn't matter.

jwfuhrman
01-30-12, 14:21
Dolphin has the best idea. As long as your current roommate is not going to be leaving, just wait until your Stamp comes in, then fill out a Change of Address.

rjacobs
01-30-12, 14:37
That was my plan. My room mate owns this house and has no plans to leave. I will just leave my residency as this address until the stamp arrives. You dont have to even tell the ATF you moved if its in state, although I will submit a form just for good measure anyway.