PDA

View Full Version : Securing light/laser cords along a rail

CogitoErgoArmatumSum
01-30-12, 12:10
I'm currently running a Daniel Defense M4 9.5 FSP with a Magpul AFG2, and Knights Armament Company Rail Covers--which I have in various sizes to accommodate different setups. I'm looking to purchase a Surefire X300, a Gear Sector Mount, and a Surefire SR07 Dual Pressure Switch. I want to run the pressure switch on the top rail with a little space between the switch and the A-frame of the front sight, so that I have a place for my thumb to grip the rail without accidentally pressing the switch. I want the light mount at the very end of the right rail, so that the light is as far forward and out of the way as possible and in the 1 o'clock position. I do not have a solution for how to clamp the switch cord to the rail. I saw some clamps made by LaserMax, for one of their lasers, but I'd rather not have to purchase a laser for just the cord clamps. Anyone have any ideas?

Wake27
01-30-12, 12:15
A lot of people will use zip ties as a cheap and simple way to keep the cords down. Easy and effective. They also have some rail covers with cut outs for pressure switches.

Eurodriver
01-30-12, 12:23
Larue Index Clips have a wonderful method of securing cables, probably the best.

...but I just use clickie tail caps for my lights and lasers now. Much less to worry about. Cables get ripped out and knocked loose all the time, but this is not important if you are carrying your rifle from the safe to the padded soft case to the bench.

SteveL
01-30-12, 13:33
I use zip ties for my SR06 remote switch on a TRX Extreme handguard.

Also be aware that the SR07 by itself does not work with the X300. You'll need the XT07 (http://www.surefire.com/Remote-Switch-Assembly-for-X300).

motorolahamm
01-30-12, 14:08
Zip ties here and a couple thing from Tango Down , like a forward grip and rail panel. they make them to fit surefire and insight tech pressure switches.

seb5
01-30-12, 20:29
I generally use the Larue clips and/or kerlix rolls.

P2000
01-30-12, 20:42
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/87228/PA050771-1.jpg

+1 on larue clips

MSteele
01-30-12, 20:45
I have the SR06 switch which is 1" smaller then the SR07. They come in different sizes from 7" to 2" so there won't be to much excess. Just measure the distance which is what I did. I actually left enough space to loop the wire almost like a U and it tucked perfectly into the rail. In the end small zip ties work wonders and can be easily hidden.

Titleist
01-30-12, 20:57
Another vote for the LT clips.

mrtoyz
01-30-12, 21:30
Havent used these but saw them on ebay.
http://www.mantarails.com/products.php

-T

robbf213
02-02-12, 11:22
I've always used small black zip ties that are easy to remove because I am constantly moving stuff around.

Never knew about the Larue clips, Thanks!

ricksterr
02-05-12, 22:55
+1 to zip ties. I run my pressure switch on top of the rail, and it's secured with 2 zip ties. I haven't run into any problems so far.