PDA

View Full Version : Green tip

g3driver
12-17-07, 23:17
Hello All,
I Just shot 223 GREEN TIP 62 GRAIN FULL METAL JACKET MADE IN BOSNIA. I had 2 problems with it. First the case would not eject, and or two it would eject but not chamber the next round. Here are the facts. I shot this ammo with 4 different magazines 4 separate uppers and lowers. The time it did function properly was with my FAB 10 with a bushmaster upper. Any ideas why this ammo does not work? The magazines were both 5.56 and .223. Also all other ammo I use works just fine. Thank you.

E

markm
12-18-07, 08:02
Any ideas why this ammo does not work?

Because it's SHITTY import ammo with bad propellant.

The only good thing that can come of it will be saving the brass. Then, you, or someone who reloads can make decent ammo out of it.

(edit - I should qualify this by saying that I haven't bought any of this stuff. But this isn't the first report of this type of problem with this ammo. AND it's kinda become the norm with much of the import ammo of late.)

ffhounddog
12-19-07, 20:43
What is funny to me is people have issues with the ammo and I have shot 4K of ADCOM 99 HS and 3K of Olympic without any issues in a Middy and a A2. I have shot 300 Hotshot/Ingman and no issues so far. I just think it is odd that is all. I do have a new CAR-15 maybe that will have issues with my ADCOM and Olympic because if the gas system.

TOrrock
12-19-07, 21:14
That stuff is really designed around piston rifles, like the Serbian M21 AK and the HK G36.

markm
12-19-07, 21:25
That stuff is really designed around piston rifles, like the Serbian M21 AK and the HK G36.

That is an interesting point. The first wave of PRIV M193 which wouldn't run a lot of full length rifle Rifles, including all three of the 20 inch ARs I tested it in, would run just fine in my DAEWOO DR-200 (piston gun).

As far as OLYMIC ammo goes... this is the first time that I've EVER read anything other than negative comments about that junk.

Peacekeeper1408
12-20-07, 22:19
Hello All,
I Just shot 223 GREEN TIP 62 GRAIN FULL METAL JACKET MADE IN BOSNIA.

Is this the same ammo offered by Ammoman.com?

markm
12-21-07, 07:52
I believe so. That Igman poo poo.

Peacekeeper1408
12-21-07, 23:37
I appreciate the heads up before I order any.

Buck
12-22-07, 00:03
Because it's SHITTY import ammo with bad propellant.

The only good thing that can come of it will be saving the brass. Then, you, or someone who reloads can make decent ammo out of it.

Don't hold back... Say what you really think... Lol...

markm
12-22-07, 09:43
If it were selling for $4 per box, I'd buy it, and struggle through it for the Brass.

Boris
02-01-08, 17:59
I bought some of this "Poo Poo" before reading this post and was concerned by your disdain for the stuff. After first hand experience with it, my range report from this past Sunday is as follows:

It was true poo from a buddy's M&P15A as it did not cycle properly from any mag including PMAGS :eek: . Based on the green paint left on the receiver, I can only attribute it to the LACK of M4 feedramps on the upper of this particular rifle. (call me ignorant but I deduced this from reading M4Carbine.net.)

HOWEVER, I "struggled" through it nicely with my MT6400C without a hiccup. I was spot on at 50 yards offhand and was hitting the 80 and 100 yard 8" and 6" plates [respectively] with no hold low which was the case with the AAE .223 Rem ammo. That stuff required a 6 o'clock hold for those longer distances due to a 50 yd zero. This Ig-poo appeared to be flat and accurate in spite of the fingernail polish. Maybe the stars were aligned for just me 'cause the propellant in my lot of ammo went BANG and rang every time.

Thanks, Ammoman!

-B

Shihan
02-01-08, 21:43
I bought some of this "Poo Poo" before reading this post and was concerned by your disdain for the stuff. After first hand experience with it, my range report from this past Sunday is as follows:

It was true poo from a buddy's M&P15A as it did not cycle properly from any mag including PMAGS :eek: . Based on the green paint left on the receiver, I can only attribute it to the LACK of M4 feedramps on the upper of this particular rifle. (call me ignorant but I deduced this from reading M4Carbine.net.)

HOWEVER, I "struggled" through it nicely with my MT6400C without a hiccup. I was spot on at 50 yards offhand and was hitting the 80 and 100 yard 8" and 6" plates [respectively] with no hold low which was the case with the AAE .223 Rem ammo. That stuff required a 6 o'clock hold for those longer distances due to a 50 yd zero. This Ig-poo appeared to be flat and accurate in spite of the fingernail polish. Maybe the stars were aligned for just me 'cause the propellant in my lot of ammo went BANG and rang every time.

Thanks, Ammoman!

-B

You shouldnt be blaming Ammoman.

gyp_c2
02-01-08, 22:33
...it sounded like he was thanking...the Ammoman...http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif

Boris
02-02-08, 13:03
Yes. I was the one with the Colt. <evil laugh>

Also, I hear the stuff runs well through Mini-14s too.

-B

WS6
02-02-08, 15:02
S&B ZV headstamped M855 is readily available. I would just spend the extra $$ and get it over the IGMAN.

bones
02-02-08, 16:24
S&B ZV headstamped M855 is readily available-----Where at ? :)

WS6
02-02-08, 20:30
S&B ZV headstamped M855 is readily available-----Where at ? :)

It's @$50/hundred or $247 per 500, you still interested?

Low Drag
02-03-08, 19:17
I just tried some of this ammo today, I bought it before I saw this thread. I've tired the M193 clone and was happy.

But this stuff, not so good. Short cycled my RRA and not much to speak of for group size.

It's a disappointment.