PDA

View Full Version : Impact Weapons Mount n Slot light mount question

DacoRoman
01-30-12, 20:31
Hello all.

I want to order a TMC (Top Mount Cantilevered) 1913 Picatinny Light MOUNT N SLOT for a 6920 with a MOE handguard.

I will be using a streamlight TLR-1 and I'm wondering if I can mount it on the ejection port side and reach across the top of the MOE carbine length handguard to activate it with my Left thumb (my thumb is not stubby).

I can shoot either with my thumb wrapped over the top of the handguard, or with a quasi "thumb forward" on the left side of the handguard.

Initially I was thinking of mounting it on the bolt release side to activate it with my thumb that way, but with the short carbine length handguard I'm afraid that it will stifle my grip/weak hand position.

Can you please offer me your thoughts on this matter?

Also, on their website they have a version for a MOE handguard, but only a 5 slot, and I have the later 4 slot version. Do you guys know whether this will be a problem?

Cheers!

SpookyPistolero
01-30-12, 21:30
Almost positive that won't work; the top mounted stuff from IWC requires a 'flat' tap. The MOE stuff comes to a peak.

If you're wanting to use a TLR1 I'd go with an FSB mount.

DacoRoman
02-06-12, 11:47
Thanks for the reply. You are correct. IW just confirmed that the new 4 slot MOE handguards wont take the mount due to the peak. The older flat top 5 hole [flat ] handguards would, and apparently would work well with a ejection port orientation, for a left support thumb/over the top activation.

Does anyone know where I can get an old flat top 5 hole MOE handguard?

Beat Trash
02-06-12, 16:44
Thanks for the reply. You are correct. IW just confirmed that the new 4 slot MOE handguards wont take the mount due to the peak. The older flat top 5 hole [flat ] handguards would, and apparently would work well with a ejection port orientation, for a left support thumb/over the top activation.

Does anyone know where I can get an old flat top 5 hole MOE handguard?

Would you be interested in a black one? If so PM me.