PDA

View Full Version : noveske gen 2 lower?

mikeith
01-30-12, 23:32
what's the deal? i've searched and cant find anything but they are no where to be found in stock (that i have looked at least)

did noveske stop making them available by themselves or what?

Diesel44
01-30-12, 23:40
I have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeCLeonard
01-31-12, 00:12
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=220&page=7

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3020

TehLlama
01-31-12, 00:25
If you don't mind a laser engraved chainsaw on the trigger guard, Rainier Arms has some. $209 iirc.

Javelin
01-31-12, 01:11
I have one too! :big_boss:

Javelin
01-31-12, 01:11
If you don't mind a laser engraved chainsaw on the trigger guard, Rainier Arms has some. $209 iirc.

Why is there a laser engraved chainsaw on the lower again? I must have missed that feature buying directly from Noveske.....

:D

Iraqgunz
01-31-12, 01:13
What does this thread have to do with the Custom Build Area?

Moved to a more appropriate area.

Stickman
01-31-12, 01:24
Why is there a laser engraved chainsaw on the lower again? I must have missed that feature buying directly from Noveske.....

:D

If there is a cosmetic blemish somewhere, its now marked with the chainsaw showing its not for pretty guns, its for working weapons.

Scoby
01-31-12, 05:09
I didn't realize they had Gen II seconds out.

But for $35 bucks, I'd skip the chainsaw.

SteveL
01-31-12, 07:56
what's the deal? i've searched and cant find anything but they are no where to be found in stock (that i have looked at least)

did noveske stop making them available by themselves or what?

I was under the impression that Gen 2 lowers had not been made available by themselves yet, whether stripped or complete, and that the only way to get one was to buy a complete rifle that was built with one. Is this not correct?

Jaysop
01-31-12, 08:00
I was under the impression that Gen 2 lowers had not been made available by themselves yet, whether stripped or complete, and that the only way to get one was to buy a complete rifle that was built with one. Is this not correct?

Grant has stripped gen 2s in stock. Rainier has had them also.

SteveL
01-31-12, 08:05
Grant has stripped gen 2s in stock. Rainier has had them also.

I guess I should have paid better attention. Thanks for the information.

I see the ones at Rainier are factory seconds, but I'm guessing the ones at G&R are not.....?

Jaysop
01-31-12, 10:59
I didnt know They were selling seconds yet. Seems like a lot of the early buyers got what I would concider a "second" anyway.

Your not missing anything, sooner or later il just going to swap it for a gen1 anyway.

Scoby
01-31-12, 11:06
[QUOTE=Jsop;1214554]Seems like a lot of the early buyers got what I would concider a "second" anyway.[QUOTE]

What do you mean by this?

Jaysop
01-31-12, 11:14
[QUOTE=Jsop;1214554]Seems like a lot of the early buyers got what I would concider a "second" anyway.[QUOTE]

What do you mean by this?

Mine came looking like it got dusted by silver spray paint. The finish wasn't done well. I've heard of a few others with similar comments.
Nothing functional except for maybe how much play there is with a bad lever compared to other lowers. Again no big deal.

As for function it does what it's ment to to well. Iv become less proficient with standard lowers mag changes. My fault obviously. I think it would be perfect for a 3 gunner!

Scoby
01-31-12, 11:26
Function is most important but....I'm not so sure I'd be happy with that.
Is this something you contacted Noveske about?

Jaysop
01-31-12, 11:37
Function is most important but....I'm not so sure I'd be happy with that.
Is this something you contacted Noveske about?

No it didn't work me up to bad. I'm sure that they would of done everything in their power to make it right. I took a black G2 pen and doted it along. Couldn't even tell in the slightest anymore. Holds up well to scrubing it to.

I think I'd be more interested in seeing what this "chainsaw" on the seconds lowers looks like. :p

Scoby
01-31-12, 11:48
Go to Rainier Arms website. Good photo of it on there.

I don't mind seconds or blems.....the chainsaw just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather have a big scratch on it.

Stickman
01-31-12, 16:27

They have been available for quite awhile as a stand alone piece.

Jaysop
01-31-12, 16:40
The chainsaw is pretty cool. Just checked it out. Better than a "2"

seb5
01-31-12, 16:52
The chainsaw is pretty cool. Just checked it out. Better than a "2"

I agree, I like it but for the small difference who cares.

yellow50
01-31-12, 17:05
As for function it does what it's ment to to well. Iv become less proficient with standard lowers mag changes. My fault obviously. I think it would be perfect for a 3 gunner![/QUOTE]

Thank you for this statement. I was just about to order one of these, however, I would not want to become less proficient at reloading a standard lower. Esp. since my duty rifle is standard.