PDA

View Full Version : Speer 135 gr +P In Action

200RNL
01-31-12, 01:18
NYPD issue .38 Special Speer Gold Dot 135 gr +P

From the NY Daily News 1-30-12

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/off-duty-shoots-kills-crook-brooklyn-police-article-1.1013958

"As the (detective) is looking behind him, he's suddenly confronted by somebody in front of him who he doesn't see until he's just there," Browne said.

"Run your pockets!" White yelled, using slang for empty your pockets.

As Cintron did that, White struck the slightly built detective in the face with cane, Browne said.

The officer takes out his shield and off-duty 38-caliber, five-shot Smith and Wesson and instructs White to stop and to drop it, meaning the cane," Browne said. "(White’s) advancing on him. The officer fires once."

The bullet entered and exited White's left forearm then struck him in the left chest. He died at nearby Woodhull Hospital.

bdcheung
01-31-12, 08:03
From the article:

Browne said the boy told police they picked on the detective because of his size 5foot-6 and 155 pounds.

"He was viewed potentially as an easy mark," Browne said.

I'm 5'10" and 145 pounds. Does that mean I'm viewed as a "guaranteed easy mark"? :blink:

Microalign
01-31-12, 10:05
From the article:

I'm 5'10" and 145 pounds. Does that mean I'm viewed as a "guaranteed easy mark"? :blink:

If you are in Japan, I think you'd be okay. ;)

Jake'sDad
01-31-12, 18:27
Through arm and then into chest. Sounds like a good example of why we want adequate penetration in our defensive rounds.