PDA

View Full Version : HELP plate carrier suggestions

gearguy141
01-31-12, 19:58
hey,

I am looking for a bare bones plate carrier, no need for quik release or special features. i cant have anything to block my rifle stock on my right shoulder such as buckles. any suggestions ?

Smash
01-31-12, 20:02
Crye JPC, very bare bones.

Edit: On this forum you should probably be more specific about your requirements. Other than just: Sans right side shoulder buckle. What will you be using it for? What are your attaching requirements? How often will you be utilizing this?

JC5611
01-31-12, 20:07
Check SKD....they have the LBT Slick Plate Carrier, the PIG Brigandine Plate Carrier and the Velocity Systems LWPC. Any of those should fit your needs as low profile, bare bones. They range in price from $90 to about $160.

I have no experience with any of them, but from what I've read, you can't go wrong with any of them.

JC

MSteele
01-31-12, 20:17
I just purchased the PIG PC which isn't really bare bones but who knows if you will ever need molle. I purchased the double D ring kit in order to remove the buckle on my right side and it made that side slick. No buckle to get in the way and allowed for proper stock placement for me. It can be ordered with the elastic CB for a real slick set up. The soft armor molle CB still doesn't get in the way of anything belt mounted.

Devildog1988
02-12-12, 11:59
Eagle plate carriers are good. Its USMC issued and pretty simple. has webbing so you can attach mag pouches.

rob_s
02-12-12, 12:05
Civ or mil? LE or non? Concealed or exposed? etc.

gearguy141
02-12-12, 12:38
hey. civ but used for training classes, dont need anything concealed but do need low profile

gear guy 141

rob_s
02-12-12, 12:49
Did you look here?
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39159

Endur
02-12-12, 13:16
I would recommend the tag banshee, tag rampage armor carrier, skd pig, eagle apc, mayflower apc or the lbt 6094a. All light weight and modular. The pig and lbt being the most expensive of the bunch but still affordable.

TehLlama
02-12-12, 14:24
Bare bones:

Standalone Rifle Plates - LBT 6094 Slick can't be beat
Soft armor w/ option of plates - Mayflower APC

Basic Rifle Plate - SKD PIG, BFG PC, LBT 6094, Crye JPC

Of all those, the Mayflower APC makes the most sense for any civilian solution, Rob's writeup on it explains pretty well why this is the case.
For my part, 6094S for standalone shooters cut plates is what I was after, but having existing low profile soft armor affects that decision, and honestly being able to run quality lightweight soft armor and have the option of plates is really an ideal setup.