PDA

View Full Version : ILLINOIS ATTENTION... READ NOW !

trauma
01-31-12, 21:37
hb-1294 unbelievable

click here to see the BS going down now

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1294&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&SessionID=84&GA=97

pilotguyo540
02-01-12, 00:17
It's time you took your state back.
Un****ing acceptable.

HeavyDuty
02-01-12, 08:07
F'ing Acevedo. He's a disgrace to the badge.

I spoke with my rep's staffer yesterday, the feeling is that this won't go anywhere - but you can never tell.

Buckaroo
02-01-12, 11:14
Representative Edward J. Acevedo (D)
2nd District
Assistant Majority Leader

Biography: Chicago Police Officer; born July 23, 1963, in Chicago; educated Academy of Cook County Sheriff's Department and Academy of Chicago Police Department;

Born and bred Chicago Dem. What do you expect? :rolleyes:

Chicago needs to secede from the fine state of Illinois.

jwfuhrman
02-01-12, 11:22
Born and bred Chicago Dem. What do you expect? :rolleyes:

Chicago needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth.

There, fixed your last sentence. There is no use for Chicago. It's a cess pool of ignorance, bigotry and corruption and has been since the early part of last century.

dway
02-02-12, 07:28
I spoke with my rep's staffer yesterday, the feeling is that this won't go anywhere - but you can never tell.

I talked to a state senator about this before and that's his feelings to. All the representatives south of Chicago know that their re-election chances are VERY slim if they vote for this.

Ned Christiansen
02-02-12, 10:42
I've met hundreds and hundreds of rank and file, Chicago-area cops in the last decade, and some who were not so rank and file-- like high-ranking types.

I have never heard a one of them speak out against gun ownership, and in fact have heard many speak in favor of it. Some of them, including at least one chief, are vocal and active in their support of gun rights.

I also never met one that didn't despise the political machine there.

Battle*Hound
02-23-12, 12:14
Any updates???

superr.stu
03-01-12, 20:22
Looks like statewide handgun registration made it out of committee, $65 each.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=5831&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=66328&SessionID=84&GA=97

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x132506944/Bills-to-tax-ammo-register-guns-pass-Illinois-House-committee

Battle*Hound
03-01-12, 21:00
I am so ****ing mad at this state I can't even talk about it reasonably:mad:

bp7178
03-01-12, 22:27
I really want to know what an "assault rifle attachment" is.

chitownpig
03-02-12, 04:18
I really want to know who the hell keeps voting these asshats into office. Hopefully the NRA can knock this one down with another lawsuit. As a police officer I hope and pray everyday that concealed carry will come to Illinois. But with nonsense like this continuing to come down the pipe I don't know if it will ever happen. This state is in sad sad shape. And don't even get me started on Chicago :angry:

RogerinTPA
03-02-12, 06:04
Citizens have the power, not the politicians. The people who voted these politicians in should be hung, along with their choice. Registration is the first step towards future confiscation.

Bad Medicine
03-02-12, 07:28
I don't know where to start, this state is pathetic and I can't wait to PCS. I feel like it is a lost state that is continually sinking further and further into debt.... Sorry if this is your home state but I really dislike it here.

signal4l
03-02-12, 14:21
I've met hundreds and hundreds of rank and file, Chicago-area cops in the last decade, and some who were not so rank and file-- like high-ranking types.

I have never heard a one of them speak out against gun ownership, and in fact have heard many speak in favor of it. Some of them, including at least one chief, are vocal and active in their support of gun rights.

I agree. Most cops, myself included, oppose gun control. There is very little (no) chance of this bill becoming law. It is a political statement. This type of nonsense is an annual event in the Peoples Republic of Illinois.

VaeVictis
03-02-12, 14:40
I agree that there is little chance this could pass, but the mere fact that these moronic bills keep showing up should be a sign. Illinois really needs to clean house and get rid of all the corruption already.

nickdrak
03-05-12, 03:16
The way I see it the only thing this bill will accomplish is making it difficult for not only the good, law abiding citizens of this state but also for the LEO's who carry our AR's daily as a tool of our trade. Most ammo dealers will not ship ammo into Cook county, this bill would likely change that to cover the rest of the state.

It will make sourcing the parts & accessories we need more difficult and local cop-shops will likely raise their prices.

The worst effect of this shitty bill will basically make IL off limits for carbine instructors to travel here to teach classes in IL. Even if the state offered some sort of waiver or exemption for instructors to come in to train LE courses, I doubt any of them would bother to come here due to the hassle.

Eddie Acevedo was never a street cop. He was always an aspiring politician, even when he worked in the jail.

just a scout
03-05-12, 03:28
Step 1 to clean up is get rid of the Madigans and Beavers. Then Quinn and The Durbins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reagans Rascals
03-05-12, 04:10
ehhhhhhh this gave me gas...

Bulldog7972
03-12-12, 18:13

I agree

jbuerke142
03-26-12, 11:54
Its amazing how all of the politicians think that all the bs gun control laws they put into effect work to do anything but take away law biding citizens second amendment rights. The people who do bad things with guns do not get their guns legally and the laws do nothing to stop or discourage them. I think I would be much happier if they would cut the state and let Chicago become its own state. As an LEO I think Illinois would be a much better state with out Chicago and all the bs gun control. Ill stop there because I cant think of a nice way to express my next thoughts.

NavyDavy55
03-26-12, 17:54
I lived in the Chicago area for 20 years of my adult life.

I miss the Bears, Cubs and the food.

Don't miss the traffic one bit.

And damn glad I live in the free state of Pa where I can carry any gun I want.

good luck to you guys still living in Illinois.

Battle*Hound
03-26-12, 19:44
Ill stop there because I cant think of a nice way to express my next thoughts.

Exactly how I feel every day in this shithole of a state. I remember when this was the Land of Lincoln and seemed to be a great place. NO MORE! Chicago should be a different entity when it comes to laws and money. And the mayor of that 'great' town, well...Ill stop there because I cant think of a nice way to express my next thoughts