PDA

View Full Version : New to site...AR build ?

soco_27
02-01-12, 18:55
Been a while since i had a m16/AR n my hand..Spent many a days and hours reading forums and posts on this site..very impressed so far. I was just wondering who some of the top quality mfg ar companys there are now besides colt, bcm, lmt, and noveske. Getting ready to start on a build soon. I am sure i will have several more upcoming ?'s...While reading posts ive noticed most guys here prefer a backgound first. Went into Marines in 04-08 with one tour over seas, also a prior police officer and received my 4th expert award Have taken many firearm and tactical shooting classes. Not looking for a home defense just occasional 150-500yd target and varmet. Thanks!

Inuvik
02-01-12, 19:21
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure if you picked the correct sub-forum for this post. Keep reading, and search as necessary, and I am sure you will find all the information you need or want.

You have pretty much identified all of the quality brands (minus Daniel Defense?), and the subject of which is best has been beat to death many times.

soco_27
02-01-12, 19:41
Great. Thanks...i knew i forgot one or two? What have you heard about texas state armory?

wetidlerjr
02-02-12, 02:41
Great. Thanks...i knew i forgot one or two? What have you heard about texas state armory?

SEARCH (https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php)

:thank_you2:

soco_27
02-04-12, 14:48
[QUOTE=wetidlerjr;1216462]SEARCH (https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php)

ohh ok so i guess every ? on this forum should be answered with "search" i get it now@!

Inuvik
02-04-12, 18:04
Nope, just the ones that have already been repeatedly beaten to death :D!

In all seriousness, this site is somewhat abrasive to those who come in and ask questions about subjects that have already been discussed multiple times. I literally spent MONTHS reading all the stickies and other information on this site before my first post. After a while, you get a feel for why people react the way they do when someone comes here and asks "help me choose: BCM VS Colt".

soco_27
02-05-12, 08:55
And how am i to know if its been "Beaten to Death"..NEW GUY HERE.. Ive searched and read countless articles for weeks, and it seems theres a trend here at m4. Some here put themselves on a 1st place pedestal when theres nothing to be won here! ITS A FORUM GUYS! IF YOU DONT WANA POST ANYTHING JUST DONT..BETTER NOTHING THAN NEGATIVITY!

Jellybean
02-05-12, 23:50
Well, in all fairness I don't think that's what was meant.
I will try to rephrase this in a non-offensive way-
If you have a question about an item or topic use the search feature on the site FIRST. Or if that doesn't work for you, use the "site:m4carbine.net" method on google. You will know if a topic has been beaten to death by the number of thread results you get.
If it doesn't come up with anything, or your questions weren't answered to your satisfaction, then post away.
It's actually really handy- I know I have personally answered about 75% of my own questions by doing this, and sometimes it's faster to get the answers by reading a previous topic, than by waiting for replies to your new one. Of course you bettter like setting aside many hours for reading....:D

BCmJUnKie
02-06-12, 00:14
And how am i to know if its been "Beaten to Death"..NEW GUY HERE.. Ive searched and read countless articles for weeks, and it seems theres a trend here at m4. Some here put themselves on a 1st place pedestal when theres nothing to be won here! ITS A FORUM GUYS! IF YOU DONT WANA POST ANYTHING JUST DONT..BETTER NOTHING THAN NEGATIVITY!

There really is no reason to yell.

I would highly suggest you put on your big boy pants and get some thick skin.

People here are very helpful. The SEARCH is the best help of all.

If you have been on here for weeks looking and searching then I am surprised you didnt know about the orange search button.

It is recommended on almost a daily basis, not only to noobs but to everyone else.

Please read carefully the user "JellyBean's" sig line above me.

soco_27
02-06-12, 13:51
Note taken, i appreciate it.

soco_27
02-06-12, 13:52
End Thread!

HaydenB
02-06-12, 18:54
You forgot about KAC! :p