PDA

View Full Version : Have Questions on Plate Carrier Sizing/Options!

p712k
02-02-12, 07:11
I have an Eagle LE Plate Carrier with the cummerbund in size S/M with 10x12 plates and soft armor as plate backers. Over the past year I have been hitting the gym and my shoulder and chest area has gotten larger to the point that the shoulder straps on the carrier have maxed out on adjustment and the cummerbund is too tight, however the positions of my sternum and nipples have not changed. I mean the “mass” has been added to the outside of my body, not the vital area covered by the plates. I know the carriers are sized by plate size and not by body size so what do people do if they need a bigger carrier without larger plates. I do not have a problem buying a new carrier but really do not want to buy new plates.

I am 6ft, 195lbs

I looked in the “Proper wear of Hard Armor” writeup and did not see anything addressing this.

nobody knows
02-02-12, 14:23
Not all plate carriers are sized by the plates. Also there are carriers like the pig that are a one size fits "all" type of carrier, the pig will except plates from small to XL. I'm not sure how much adjustment it has in the straps but I'm sure someone that owns the carrier could get you the measurements. The best option is to try on as many vests as you can, I know that can be difficult in some locations but that's going to be the only way to truly know if the carrier will fit you.one carrier I think would probably fit is the mayflower apc. The sm/md will except 10x12" plates and the smallest c-bun will fit a 34 to 43(not sure exactly on its maximum but it is low 40's) witch should fit you. But if not they have larger sizes that will work with the sm/md pc. Hopefully that helps some good luck finding a pc that works for you.