PDA

View Full Version : gemtec halo outdated?

nubs101
02-02-12, 10:33
Hi I was looking for some input from you guys that have experience with suppressors. I currently have a Battlecomp 2 on my rifle and really like it. Question is would you replace the BC to go with maybe a aac or swr suppressor or is the halo still work fine? Thanks for the help

QuietShootr
02-02-12, 11:03
I think the HALO is a great suppressor. Not the quietest, but it is quieter than the bullet flight noise, so how much more do you need? Plus there's no crudding up with the mount. I'll buy another one.

Dave_M
02-03-12, 23:18
I have two. Yes, they are a bit heavy but they are tough as nails.

ZX672
02-04-12, 05:49
As mentioned before, they are little louder than other suppressors on the market. However I have seen the HALO perform very well in training courses and range trips.

ccosby
02-04-12, 09:20
I have two. Yes, they are a bit heavy but they are tough as nails.

Yea it is a nice suppressor overall. Little heavy but overall a good package.

I have one and personally am really happy with it. I also like how I didn't need to buy extra expensive mounts, just peal washers.

Apricotshot
02-04-12, 09:40
The 2009 and up models got a little weight off. I believe they're down to 19-20 ounces now. The newer models are also now compatible with the vortex FH so you can make sure you have the same mount lock up everytime so the POA/POI is predictable.

HALO is a good choice for someone that has a lot of 5.56 rifle they would like to have suppressed cheaply.

If you want zero POA/POI impact, a little more sound reduction and want to spend a significantly more amount of money go with the Surefires. OPS Inc is good choice as well.

nubs101
02-08-12, 02:25
Thanks everyone for the responses. It seems the Halo is a good choice for what I am looking for.

carshooter
02-08-12, 09:53
I am also very happy with mine.

I consider it a workhorse, and use it on a bunch of different platforms. If I had chosen a suppressor with a different mounting system, at $100 a mount, I would easily have as much in mounts as I do in the total cost of the suppressor.

I am more than satisfied with it's performance, even side by side on the range with most of the other choices out there.

I will freely admit that I still somewhat want another QD 5.56 suppressor but at this point, it's not worth the extra investment to ME. (and even if and when I do purchase something different, I will keep the HALO for it's versatility)