PDA

View Full Version : Video Bodyguard vs 2 BG.. no good, food for thoughts

MP9
02-02-12, 19:45
Not sure if it this post should be here or in another section..I cant post in GD yet..

I wouldnt expect something like this, really!!.. I came from that please and know several ways the operate but no this one...

what would you do..? run until you can get some "cover" and then try to engage or let them take whatever they want... the thing is you dont know if they will shoot you and take your live too...

The guy try/engage one of them, but the other went around the car and shoot him from the back...very difficult situation...

the bodyguard died and one of the BG died too.. then the other 2 BG let the wounded BG die and burned the car with him inside...

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bW4gsabcAs)

yellow50
02-02-12, 20:03
The guy getting held was at a disadvantage right off the start. He had stuff in his gun hand and was boxed in between the two vehicles,the B.G.s had the element of surprise when he turned his back, he was outnumbered.
I'm kinda surprised he was even able to draw his weapon. It looks like he came to a complete stop in the middle of the parking lot with no cover but I'm not sure how many times or at which point he was hit so saying cover would have saved him may be wrong. It looked like he was shooting one handed too.
Is it me or did it look like they were trying to force him into the car? I would not have got in either. At least he got one of them.

C4IGrant
02-02-12, 20:04
It would be nice to know what was said as soon as the BG's got out of the vehicle. That should have triggered a totally different response than what happened (like letting the guy get that close to him, touch him, etc).

Oh, and the guy had zero SA! He sees the SUV moving, turns his back to it, notices that it then moves back forward once he gets to his vehicles. CLUE!

C4

Jim D
02-02-12, 20:34
Went for his gun without taking care of the BG's gun first at extremely close range.

Starts a fight with armed guys in front of, and behind him.

Ideal would have been to go hands on with the one, stack him up in line with the second BG, and then draw and burn them both down.

nobody knows
02-02-12, 21:05
Okay first off this is out of my lain, but I will give my thoughts anyway. Im a civi with some defensive training. But I am in no way any kind of tactical ninja.

As soon as they opened the car door and approached him he should have pushed off to create distance and start putting rounds on target while they where concentrated in that area as he moved to cover behind his car. The first Target for me would have been the guy near the front of "my" car. As to eliminate the chance for him to get behind me. Then obviously the guy that was right next to him,then the driver if necessary. Of course this is all Monday morning quarter backing. Did he make some mistakes that led to his death? Definitely. I always make sure my gun hand is free period, I started eating with my left hand carry groceries/children with my left hand. That first few seconds is absolutely critical. And I don't want to have to drop shit or switch hands wen it go's down. As grant said his SA was nowhere to be seen, that's your first line of defense. You let that go and this is what happens. It's unfortunate but can be a valuable lesson to others. I think he did as well as he could have it was a shit situation from the get.

pilotguyo540
02-03-12, 00:34
Mmqb, take one!

First thing he should have done was aggressively fall back and arc around his car. Draw and take out the guy closest to him. I would pie the corner and get the second guy if possible. The big tactical error was allowing perps on too wide of a spread. More than 90 degrees is not workable.

This guy allowed the situation to deteriorate way too far. He was a victim in mindset and action. He did nothin to put distance between him and the perps. It looked like he went for his gun, the punk saw it, then hit him in the head. At that point he had his back to one bad guy. Bad geometry. He never should have been there. Going out into the open was the final nail in his coffin. No cover. Again, bad geometry. Had he worked close into and even between the vehicles, he could have greatly reduced the ability of the driver to run him down.

Lesson one: don't tell yourself that what you see isn't what it is. ( I am sure someone has a more eloquent way to put that)

Lesson 2: having a gun is only a small part of the equation.