PDA

View Full Version : Stubby vertical grip Qs

MH64
12-19-07, 09:12
Am wanting to try out a stubby grip on my sbr and am wondering if any have enough room inside to hold a folded copy of my form 1?
Pics??

GIFFMANN
12-19-07, 09:22
I modded my own stubby grip and it's epoxied closed, but I do keep a photocopy of my stamp in my MIAD grip. I scanned it in then reduced the size to about 40% or 50% and printed it in color. That gets rolled/folded and put into a spare Bolt MIAD core. I would guess that if you did a reduced copy, it would fit in one of the new shorty TD fore grips as well.

One of the reasons I chose the grip as opposed to a fore grip or stock (VLTOR) to store the copy was that I tend not to move grips around, but I've been known to swap stocks out and fore grips.

Giff

MH64
12-19-07, 10:32
Got a MIAD on her but it already has the spare bolt in it. Thats why I'm wanting to try a stubby grip.

markm
12-19-07, 11:30
I just shrunk it down to business card size, laminated it at work, and stuck it in my wallet.

Glorybigs
12-20-07, 13:20
What exactly are you reducing? Are you referring to a copy of the stamp alone or the whole form w/stamp? If it’s the whole form I would say a business card size would not be legible.

I am looking for a stub grip solution also -

markm
12-20-07, 16:23
What exactly are you reducing? Are you referring to a copy of the stamp alone or the whole form w/stamp? If it’s the whole form I would say a business card size would not be legible.

I am looking for a stub grip solution also -

The whole Chingaso. I can read it. If necessary, I'll read it for anyone with the balls to ask to see it.

I keep a bigger copy in my shooting tote, but the Wallet size is generally more likely to be on me. I'm not all that fixated on showing my paper work to anyone. It reminds me of Wayne and Garth in Wayne's World when they got their back stage passes to Alice Cooper. They were shoving them in everyone's face. :p

taliv
12-20-07, 20:17
i did the same couple of years ago after being dissatisfied with several VFG and grip solutions.

now I have a wallet full of form 1 and 4s :)
they are completely legible, front and back.
cost a couple of bucks and 5 minutes at office depot.

MH64
12-20-07, 21:08
Lets get this back about stubby vfg's please.
Those with experience with the stubbys please step forward.

markm
12-21-07, 07:55
Sorry. I interpretted the original post as a need for somewhere to stow papers.

MH64
12-21-07, 20:55
Am still deciding on where to stow the form 1 copies on the weapon, however, am looking to get one of the stubby grips for her anyway and was wondering if there is room inside for the paper.

Cold Zero
12-21-07, 21:13
am looking to get one of the stubby grips for her anyway and was wondering if there is room inside for the paper.

I beleive the cap is non removable on the stubby...:eek:

GIFFMANN
12-21-07, 21:47
the original stubby TD grips were non-removable, but the new ones are supposed to be removable.

Cold Zero
12-21-07, 22:06
Giff:

Thanks for the updated information, sounds like a product improvement.;)

TWR
12-21-07, 23:13
The hole is about 2" deep and then the cap has about 3/4" deep hole in it. My tape is outside and it's cold.