PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on T-1 & LaRue LT660 mount?

jamesbern
02-02-12, 22:43
I'e decided to pick up an Aimpoint T-1. I'm looking to order this setup for my AR. Best I found so far is Larue's site which is $640 for the combo.

Any better deals out there from reputable sites before I place my order? I'm not really sure where else to look, but i'd like to save some money if I can.

;)

kal0220
02-02-12, 23:32
Did you look in the EE here? I think I saw one for $500 and some change. Same combo.

Found it.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1217371

Aimpoint T-1 with LaRue LT 660 mount

Muddyboots
02-03-12, 01:56
I spend a lot of other people's money as part of my job. I do "procurement" type purchasing. I've learned a lot about buying stuff in the process. I also personally buy certain things at "professional quantity" like Cordura and dynamic rope. If you've been around the net on established targeted interest boards, you will recall stories of amazing lucky finds and horror stories. In reality it's probably a bell curve. On one end someone sells off an Acog for $300 because the need the cash NOW! Or "the scum-bag left and she's recouping some operating capital at the same time she recoups her dignity." On the other end "we offer it for X and pray on the unknowing." There is a dealer cost that is constant in a given market. There are dealer contracts and MSRPs. "It" what ever "It" is cost X to make. This all matters and effects what you pay. Then there is shipping...

In the end, the best way to buy things in my opinion is to figure out what you want and then buy it from someone you like. Mark LaRue makes excellent mounts and sells optics on them for reasonable and fair price. I have found his customer service to be superb. I don't always agree with his stance on all issues but I respect his reasoning for his opinion. He seems pretty damn consistent. To me those are good enough reason to not save $7.85 that I might on somebody else's offered price. There are several industry pros who post here. I've taken to buying stuff from them because I know them better than some big company. Grant for example. Being able to PM someone and ask a question is just gravy on the deal.

Look at product, availability, customer service reputation, and finally, character. Do you want them to get your money?

I hope this helps!

Muddyboots

gun71530
02-03-12, 02:10
G&R Tactical

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

jamesbern
02-03-12, 08:10
I spend a lot of other people's money as part of my job. I do "procurement" type purchasing. I've learned a lot about buying stuff in the process. I also personally buy certain things at "professional quantity" like Cordura and dynamic rope. If you've been around the net on established targeted interest boards, you will recall stories of amazing lucky finds and horror stories. In reality it's probably a bell curve. On one end someone sells off an Acog for $300 because the need the cash NOW! Or "the scum-bag left and she's recouping some operating capital at the same time she recoups her dignity." On the other end "we offer it for X and pray on the unknowing." There is a dealer cost that is constant in a given market. There are dealer contracts and MSRPs. "It" what ever "It" is cost X to make. This all matters and effects what you pay. Then there is shipping...

In the end, the best way to buy things in my opinion is to figure out what you want and then buy it from someone you like. Mark LaRue makes excellent mounts and sells optics on them for reasonable and fair price. I have found his customer service to be superb. I don't always agree with his stance on all issues but I respect his reasoning for his opinion. He seems pretty damn consistent. To me those are good enough reason to not save $7.85 that I might on somebody else's offered price. There are several industry pros who post here. I've taken to buying stuff from them because I know them better than some big company. Being able to PM someone and ask a question is just gravy on the deal.

Look at product, availability, customer service reputation, and finally, character. Do you want them to get your money?

I hope this helps!

Muddyboots

:agree: Thank you! That was very well put. I prefer to buy new and also from a well known name. I want the LaRue mount anyways so i'm leaning towards buying it from LaRue's website. I think I may pick up one of their discreet AR cases as well.

It is going to be run in Jason Falla's Basic Carbine class here in CT at the end of March. It is my first class so i'm trying to get everything I need so I can hit the range a bit before hand and get some rounds through it.

G&R Tactical

I checked and they arn't shipping until the 13th. I'm hopping LaRue ships quicker than that. And it's only $5 less than LaRue.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-03-12, 09:04
G&R Tactical

Grant has the best price it's 50$ less than larue at least

jamesbern
02-03-12, 10:03
I don't see $50 difference, I see $5 like I said prior.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=APT1LTMICRO

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-1-2moam4-qd-mount-combo

kal0220
02-03-12, 10:07
I don't see $50 difference, I see $5 like I said prior.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=APT1LTMICRO

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-1-2moam4-qd-mount-combo

I think you're comparing the new 2 MOA T-1 to the older 4MOA T-1.

jamesbern
02-03-12, 10:15
I think you're comparing the new 2 MOA T-1 to the older 4MOA T-1.

Nope, no matter which you choose the price is $635. ;)

Watrdawg
02-03-12, 11:23
You are right. Price is the same for 2 MOA or 4MOA. I just purchased the T-1 2MOA with DD mount for $589. Its a great combo and the price is unbeatable.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-03-12, 11:42
Did u ask grant for member price? It's the same as response above mone

Watrdawg
02-03-12, 13:16
No I didn't. I followed the link he gave me from my PM to him.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-03-12, 17:12
No I didn't. I followed the link he gave me from my PM to him.

LOL not you brother the other guy why clames Grant does not have the best price.

You know whats funny, all these guys selling their T1s are asking more than Grant will sell a new one for.

Watrdawg
02-03-12, 17:18
Had me wondering if I missed out on a better deal for a moment or 2.

I can't see selling my 4MOA t-1. It's still a great optic.

Nadielite
02-08-12, 09:21
Did u ask grant for member price? It's the same as response above mone

How do you get the member price?

jamesbern
02-08-12, 13:25
LOL not you brother the other guy why clames Grant does not have the best price.

You know whats funny, all these guys selling their T1s are asking more than Grant will sell a new one for.

How do you get the member price?

Had no idea on the member price from Grant. I ended up ordering a 2MOA with LT660 mount from LaRue. Hopefully I'll get some sweet extra stuff.

Besides the price, my big issue was Grant's site said they wouldn't be shipping anything until Feb. 13th or so. I didn't want to wait which is why I went with LaRue.

Watrdawg
02-08-12, 13:45
I ordered from Grants site last Thursday or Friday and received my T-1 today. I saw the same thing when I ordered but was in no hurry.

Jaykayyy
02-09-12, 16:20
I ordered some expensive dillo dust last thursday. Received the dust. Got free stickers, 10th annual international sniper comp dvd, dillo bottle opener, and a 2moa t-1/lt660 mount for free on monday.

I love free stuff, just wish the dillo dust wasnt so darn expensive.:sarcastic:

Tzoid
02-09-12, 19:31
I sold both of my 4moa T-1's for 560 bucks with LT-660 Mount in the EE................ Grand doesn't sell them that cheap does he? :rolleyes:

I replaced them both for 640.00 from LaRue..... they included a 10th annual Sniper competition DVD , Dillo dust, a 2011 Christmas Dillo ( Thanks Luke ) a black Dillo, 2 bumper stickers , a black LaRue Badeball Cap and a mini Constitution.

I feel like upgrading to the 2moa was a no brainer and all the free shit LaRue includes it was a wash. :D

Boxerglocker
02-19-12, 09:51
I bought mine from larue, It came mount plus you get quite a few extras. Hat, stickers and a few other things.

I ordered a 2 MOA T1 and mount from Larue last week after a couple weeks of procrastination.... tracking has it coming Tuesday via UPS.
The day before I ordered a LT-104 30mm scope mount for my Vortex Viper 1-4... also arriving Tuesday. Can't wait to see the swag they sent along with my stuff :)