PDA

View Full Version : tootin' my own horn -- Bacardi Gras phone app (iPhone and Android)

chadbag
02-03-12, 14:11
Hi. This is a little tootin' my own horn (as far as the iPhone app is concerned) on an app I wrote that just was released last night. A fun little Mardi Gras game written for Bacardi.

I was involved as project manager on the development side (for what it is worth) for the whole project, iPhone and Android. HOWEVER, I only wrote the iPhone version. Another company was contracted for the Android version though I was in daily contact with them and had some oversight. But I was the sole SW engineer on the iPhone version, though the client provided all the graphic elements.

http://BacardiJesters.com/

It is basically a virtual treasure hunt. In some areas, "prizes" for finding the jesters are tied to invites to promotional events. In other areas, you get an atta-boy and advance on the leader boards. In other areas, there are not yet any "jesters" dropped but they will be.

Let me know if you are in an area that has no jesters and I will have the company who sponsored this (Bacardi farmed it out to a 3rd party marketing company) add a bunch in your area.

If you have problems with the iPhone version, you can contact me as well and I will try and help you. If you have issues with the Android version, use the support page listed on the website.

(There are some implementation details that are different between the iPhone and Android versions due to interpretations of the specs but in general they are the same game)

--

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-03-12, 23:00
Thats pretty cool Chad, if I had a phone Id be sure to download it.

Smash
02-04-12, 09:40
Just downloaded this app to check it out. I'll be in Nawlins March 1-4th. I'm wondering if this will have any applicability that many days after Mardi Gras. If the leader board will be closed etc.

chadbag
02-04-12, 10:35
Just downloaded this app to check it out. I'll be in Nawlins March 1-4th. I'm wondering if this will have any applicability that many days after Mardi Gras. If the leader board will be closed etc.

While any promo events tied to this in certain areas (like NOLA) will probably be over by then, the intent, as I was just told, is to run the servers into March, probably the end of March, so that residual players can still have fun (and it helps us get more data for the next iteration of the engine).

--