PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the best deal on a Sampson Evolution 9" handguard?

blasternank
02-03-12, 20:58
I'm looking for this and would like to get a good deal on it. Will a .936" low pro gas block on a bull barrel fit under this handguard? What do you think?

Thanks.

Bob

sneedb82
02-03-12, 21:13
It's the same (sorta) thing as a Troy. That being said if you use a Troy low pro .936 block it will fit under the handguard.

Used it with a few customer's barreled uppers recently.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Leonidas24
02-03-12, 23:19
Rainier's version (which is built by Samson) is listed a few bucks under MSRP. Unfortunately it's out of stock right now.

Here (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2964)

blasternank
02-03-12, 23:30
It's the same (sorta) thing as a Troy. That being said if you use a Troy low pro .936 block it will fit under the handguard.

Used it with a few customer's barreled uppers recently.

Brandon

Thanks for the tip! Now to find a deal on the Troy low pro! :)

sneedb82
02-04-12, 00:11
The best price I've seen, since most of my customers down south want a big barrel, has been through Troy first hand. Brownells had them and Midway, for MORE than Troy was selling: $35 + S/H.

Just fyi. If you find one, let me know LOL.

Stickman
02-04-12, 03:10
It's the same (sorta) thing as a Troy.

No it isn't.

Nightvisionary
02-04-12, 04:42
Thanks for the tip! Now to find a deal on the Troy low pro! :)

If you do a little research on the Troy you will find way too many first hand reports of loosening and shifting hand guards. I came to that conclusion last fall. The Troy and the Samson look similar but the mounting methods are quite different.

I settled on the Samson Evolution last fall because unlike the Troy, the only reports of the thing coming loose appeared to be from users installing the heat sink on backwards.

sneedb82
02-04-12, 09:40
No it isn't.

I realize my answer was vague and "sorta" encompasses so much ambiguity, I meant to infer the ID is almost identical, the premise of the question of the OP.

The ID on a TRX is slightly less (1.47") than 1.50" wide and the Samson I believe claims 1.56" due to its OD being larger than the Troy.

Hope that helps further dispel my ambiguity. They are indeed different rails

Brandon