PDA

View Full Version : Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) Superbowl Ad

Preferred User
02-04-12, 16:30
Special Report: Bloomberg reloads in push for gun control (http://news.yahoo.com/special-report-bloomberg-reloads-push-gun-control-124037455.html)

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Among the slick, million-dollar ads for the likes of Pepsi and Honda during the Super Bowl this Sunday, viewers in Washington will see a far more modest spot. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino will be sitting on a couch touting an issue most politicians avoid like the plague: gun control.

Click the link above for the whole article.

Moose-Knuckle
02-04-12, 17:49
One more reason why I don't watch the f@#$%&* Super Bowl.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-04-12, 18:09
One more reason why I don't watch the f@#$%&* Super Bowl.

HAHA I have never in 32 years watch one. Stupib bloomberg

montanadave
02-04-12, 18:26
Folks get together to watch the Super Bowl because it's one of those sporting events that has become an occasion for even those that don't follow sports to socialize with family and friends, enjoy some good food, maybe knock back a few cold ones, and just generally have a fun time.

Position ads on such controversial subjects as abortion or gun control go over like a turd in the punch bowl, causing nothing but either an uncomfortable silence or a heated argument.

Legally, I suppose the networks can't out and out refuse to air the ads if groups are willing to pony up the dough, but I wish they'd bunch the lot of ' em together and run a 15 second warning saying, "Hey, folks, the courts and the FCC make us run these ads but feel free to change the channel for the next two minutes."

The_War_Wagon
02-04-12, 18:31
Shouldn't that be, "Felonious officials against the 2nd Amendment?" Haven't MOST of them either been charged with, if not convicted of, felony offenses?

SeriousStudent
02-05-12, 00:48
Write letters to their visitors and tourism offices, explaining why you canceled your trips to New York and Boston. ;)

CarlosDJackal
02-05-12, 00:54
Funny how these hypocrtical assholes have yet to speak out against "holder's follies" even after it resulted in the murder of a USBP Agent (may he RIP).

Spurholder
02-05-12, 07:32
Honestly, I hope that the President is watching the spot. Hopefully he'll feel obligated to try and go in this direction during the campaign.

:fingerscrossed:

:D

Palmguy
02-05-12, 08:33
The majority of us here can enjoy the SB tonight without being subjected to those two retards telling us how they support the 2A.

(credit to cougar_guy04 for pointing this out to me)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/02/daniel-zimmerman/just-a-couple-of-guys-sitting-around-watching-the-game/

Wiggity
02-05-12, 12:22
Protesting something that is already illegal is the epitome of ****tard.

GermanSynergy
02-05-12, 13:43
Never watched the Superbowl in my life, and think this ad is going to further alientate people & drive them away from the likes of Brady.

R/Tdrvr
02-06-12, 11:51
Funny how these hypocrtical assholes have yet to speak out against "holder's follies" even after it resulted in the murder of a USBP Agent (may he RIP).

But its not Holder's fault. The blame belongs on those evil guns and racist Republicans who are out to get Holder because he's black. :rolleyes: