PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

smith m4
08-22-06, 20:09
I just purchased my first AR a Smith & Wesson Model M&P15 Rifle.

1. Anyone else had any experience with this rifle? Please post good or bad.

2. Was this a good selection for my first AR?

3. Where can I purchase new H&K magazines.

TIA

Bloodbathdisplay
08-22-06, 21:31
The smith & wesson doesn't seem to be too bad, the rails and sights are made by Troy Industries, and I believe the rest of it is primarily made by CMT. As for the HK mags, I would personally spend the money on C Products Stainless Mags-15.99 from C Products=3 mags for about the same price as 1 HK, with the money you save buying CP SS mags instead of HK you can now afford to buy more rediculously priced ammo. If you are really intent on HK mags Simplydynamic had some I think, here is a link to pm him...https://www.m4carbine.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=570

M4arc
08-23-06, 06:22

TIA

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the black rifle disease! :D

The M&Ps seem to be very nice and I think it's a great selection for your first AR. Spend some time reading the Sticky'd threads here on the care, operations and maintenance of your new blaster.

C4IGrant
08-23-06, 07:53
As others have said, the rails and sights are excellent and the parts used in the weapon are CMT (which are good). So I think you have a winner!

As far as the mags go, the HK's are very good, but also very expensive. I would look at the CProducts SS mags first. Shoot me an e-mail for M4C member pricing on them.

C4

smith m4
08-29-06, 13:32
who is CMT? anyone got a web address for them?

SinnFéinM1911
08-29-06, 14:11
Continenal Machine and Tool out of new Britian CT

(I could have spelled that wrong )

M193 BALL
09-01-06, 14:48
Stick with USGI Mags
Cheaper and proven

DevilDog
09-01-06, 15:53
On mags, the HK's are nice, but I'm not rolling in $ enough to have as many as I want. I've got a couple of HK's and 16 CProducts SS (all from Mr C4), and once I got a taste of CProducts, it seemed smarter to have 3x of them than I could have of HK mags. The CProducts SS mags have become my primary mags. My aluminum ones are now my range spares.

Nice choice on the rifle.

Robb Jensen
09-01-06, 19:45

TIA

1. Great AR, they're properly assembled. We've sold many at the store I work at and not one has had to go back.

2. Great selection.

3. Look around on the net, be sure to get the gen 2 ones (newer floor plate and black followers). Usually these will be between $40.00 and $50.00 I have seven and they run 100% I use them for training course and 3 gun competition.
The C Products mags work equally as well, are lighter and are roughly 1/3 the price, I have 3 of these.

M193 BALL
09-02-06, 11:38
Midway has CP/Stoner mags 30rounders that cost under 10.00 each!

I myself LOVE the VERY OLD COLT 20 rounders with the METAL Followers
The BEST!!

Dont get all caught up in those FANCY followers!!!

I have used the USGI 30 rounders with the Original BLACK Followers and NEVER had ANY PROBLEMS! since the 80`s

Also the USGI with green are Fine as is!

If you do get the OLD Colt/USGI 20 rounders with the METAL FOLLOWERS
DO NOT REMOVE or Replace the METAL FOLLOWER!!

C4IGrant
09-02-06, 12:05
Midway has CP/Stoner mags 30rounders that cost under 10.00 each!

I myself LOVE the VERY OLD COLT 20 rounders with the METAL Followers
The BEST!!

Dont get all caught up in those FANCY followers!!!

I have used the USGI 30 rounders with the Original BLACK Followers and NEVER had ANY PROBLEMS! since the 80`s

Also the USGI with green are Fine as is!

If you do get the OLD Colt/USGI 20 rounders with the METAL FOLLOWERS
DO NOT REMOVE or Replace the METAL FOLLOWER!!

I on the other hand have had issues with black and green followers. The "fancy followers" made by Magpul are a good investment and does nothing, but improve the reliability of a mag.

C4