PDA

View Full Version : Slip 2000 725 degreaser

globeguy
02-04-12, 21:19
Slip 2000 725 degreaser is a water based product, which can promote rust. How thorough do you have to be to get all this out from nooks and cranies of AR?

If I miss this thing on my ar15 would it be a rust fest?

gs013564
02-04-12, 21:33
Slip 2000 725 degreaser is a water based product, which can promote rust. How thorough do you have to be to get all this out from nooks and cranies of AR?

If I miss this thing on my ar15 would it be a rust fest?

I've used it many a time with no sign of rust. If I had to guess, it's because it doesn't take a huge amount of the product.

xjustintimex
02-04-12, 22:13
When it says dont leave it on something dont leave it on something :p I was in the middle of cleaning the ak when I got distracted for an hour or so... I came back to surface rust all over. It washed off pretty easily but now I know you definately cant leave it sitting

gs013564
02-05-12, 18:59
When it says dont leave it on something dont leave it on something :p I was in the middle of cleaning the ak when I got distracted for an hour or so... I came back to surface rust all over. It washed off pretty easily but now I know you definately cant leave it sitting

Wow, really? I guess I've wiped my down without thinking about it. Good to know.

ST911
02-05-12, 20:22
725 is outstanding. Apply what you need, wipe/brush until clean, and wipe or blow it off. A little goes a long way.

backspur
02-05-12, 20:46
After using 725, I always rinse my parts with denatured alcohol from a spray bottle.

globeguy
02-05-12, 22:19
After using 725, I always rinse my parts with denatured alcohol from a spray bottle.
What does denatured alcohol do?

globeguy
02-05-12, 22:20

Are you using it to clean your AK after shooting corrosive rounds? I suppose it will work since it's water based. I use TC13 (black powder cleaner) to clean my AK after corrosive round use.

RiggerGod
02-05-12, 22:40
I use it on our Sig when working on (salt) water, in Florida in the summer time. No problems what so ever. Prior to that we were using a hodgepodge of various products (lots of breakfree in the mix) if you looked at the sigs funny they would start to rust. I like SLIP 2000's product line.

backspur
02-05-12, 22:41
The denatured alcohol is used to rinse off the 725. It dries quickly and is safe to use on just about anything short of electronics.