PDA

View Full Version : CM901 range time

cohiba
02-05-12, 14:52
More to come

Singlestack Wonder
02-05-12, 15:51
Thanks for the mini review. The rifle has a long way to go in the hands of many to prove itself.

wild_wild_wes
02-05-12, 18:49
Cute puppy! Thanks for posting.

duece71
02-06-12, 13:18
Nice, thanks for the post.

morbidbattlecry
02-07-12, 16:40
Thanks for the review. That handguard looks kinda thick. Do you think you could get thumb over bore hold without much trouble?

darbn
02-07-12, 19:49
Thanks for sharing.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-08-12, 10:18
What does it cost that the biggest factor?

FChen17213
02-08-12, 13:36
Looks alot like a scaled up Colt 6940. If this gun comes out at around $2000, it will be really really attractive. Most of the 308 Battle Rifles now are running for a lot of money with the SCAR 17S, LMT MWS, HK MR762, LaRue OBR, and LWRC REPR. Being able to use PMags will help too. If it is like a 6940, it will have that monolithic one piece rail. That might not be good as many people may want a different style rail such as a Troy. We shall see I guess.

The puppy is still more attractive than the two rifles. :)

Dano5326
02-09-12, 09:05
Having shot this carbine on two occasions, I think it shows a nice weight and recoil impulse.

For institutional, or other, customers I can see some benefit
- one serial# to keep track of
- reduced bulk in transport and storage, one lower 3 or 4 (5.56 & 7.62) uppers
- literally one trigger to pay for and learn

They told me pricing IVO $1500. I didn't think to ask if this was gov(large order) pricing or individual msrp.

It appears through this, and other pending projects, Colt has refound their innovative side.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-09-12, 10:28
If the colt comes in under any of the other 308s on the markeet it will steal it away from everyone. But I realy dont see them asking anything less than 3k it always works out that way.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-09-12, 11:47
Ok I found a price and you were not far off at all, It list on one of the better sites for 2012.00$. I how ever will be waiting to buy mine from Grant.

cohiba
02-11-12, 10:45
Sorry to ignore this for a bit but just a couple of things:

-recoil impulse as mentioned is very manageable. It really can be essentially considered a larger scale 6940.

-since it is truly monolithic, that's the rail you are going to have to use. I did not find it to be overly wide but I have very large hands. In any event, I am a vert grip user so it really doesn't matter for me.

-I found it very well balanced and of course, ergonomically familiar. I was surprised about its listed weight because it feels much lighter.

-after the inevitable "gotta have the first one gouging" (not talking about you Grant!!!:D), you should pay around $2k or a bit less. At that price, if it runs (it will), that's a smoking deal. Judicious shopping should let you get an Aimpoint, light, stock if you wish and maybe trigger upgrade for less than another grand.

-civilian models will have the ambi safety. The demo gun did not.

-Ban state models will be made but after the "normal" ones get out. As I live three miles from Colt, this annoys me to no end as all of you will have one way before me.:D

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-11-12, 11:10

-recoil impulse as mentioned is very manageable. It really can be essentially considered a larger scale 6940.

-since it is truly monolithic, that's the rail you are going to have to use. I did not find it to be overly wide but I have very large hands. In any event, I am a vert grip user so it really doesn't matter for me.

-I found it very well balanced and of course, ergonomically familiar. I was surprised about its listed weight because it feels much lighter.

-after the inevitable "gotta have the first one gouging" (not talking about you Grant!!!:D), you should pay around $2k or a bit less. At that price, if it runs (it will), that's a smoking deal. Judicious shopping should let you get an Aimpoint, light, stock if you wish and maybe trigger upgrade for less than another grand.

-Ban state models will be made but after the "normal" ones get out. As I live three miles from Colt, this annoys me to no end as all of you will have one way before me.:D

Dont you have some one who will make it compliant for you?

wild_wild_wes
02-11-12, 11:45
Anyone shoot this in 5.56 mode yet? How much more bulky is it in this configuration than a standard 5.56 AR?

morbidbattlecry
02-11-12, 14:31

Thanks for the update bro.

cohiba
02-11-12, 16:33
Dont you have some one who will make it compliant for you?

Absolutely. As a manufactuer, my gunsmiths can bring a non-compliant Colt into CT and make the necessary AWB mods. I would bet though, by the time they come out, availability meets demand and prices return to normal, the ban models will be available.

In either event, no hurry. I'm positive I'll get one.:cool:

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-11-12, 18:23
Absolutely. As a manufactuer, my gunsmiths can bring a non-compliant Colt into CT and make the necessary AWB mods. I would bet though, by the time they come out, availability meets demand and prices return to normal, the ban models will be available.

In either event, no hurry. I'm positive I'll get one.:cool:

THanks so much for turning me on to this rifle I can finaly afford a 308 semi auto.

deadlyfire
02-11-12, 19:33
Kudos!

This post also pushed me towards saving a pile for this gun.

Microalign
02-11-12, 19:53
Is this technically a midlength or carbine-length gas system? It's looking very appealing if it is around the $1800 mark on G&R Tactical.