PDA

View Full Version : MP tested bolts

evilmonkey
12-19-07, 19:27
I wanted to see if anybody knew what the average # of bolts that actually get rejected after MP testing say out of a batch of 100? Im hoping someone like Bravo company or anyone else with this kind of knowledge will answer this. I know the numbers probably vary but it is something I was curious about?

WS6
12-19-07, 19:33
I wanted to see if anybody knew what the average # of bolts that actually get rejected after MP testing say out of a batch of 100? Im hoping someone like Bravo company or anyone else with this kind of knowledge will answer this. I know the numbers probably vary but it is something I was curious about?

Last time I saw this question posted the answer was 1% or less.

evilmonkey
12-20-07, 01:12
Thanks man, I figured there was a post about this before! I didnt figure it was going to be that big of a percentage, but even though its that litte of a percentage Im still glad that they MPI! I still get that fuzzy feeling when I see MP on a bolt(thanks Bravo company):) !!

WS6
12-20-07, 01:24
Thanks man, I figured there was a post about this before! I didnt figure it was going to be that big of a percentage, but even though its that litte of a percentage Im still glad that they MPI! I still get that fuzzy feeling when I see MP on a bolt(thanks Bravo company):) !!

By 1% or less I mean that most of the responders who were industry partner's on the site (I forget if it was this or TOS) said "1% or less, if that, I don't recall seeing one fail recently." It was not a "1%" It was VERY small.

sff70
12-20-07, 11:07
The number of bolts that are rejected after inspection depends is dependent on what your rejection criteria happen to be (how strict they are).

For example, the Gov't has a standard.

I'll let other speak regarding what the standards are.

It should also be noted that testing and inspecting 1 bolt per batch is not the same as testing and inspecting each and every bolt.