PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help pricing a gun

jc75754
02-06-12, 08:01
I bought an lcp less than a year ago and I have decided that .380 is simply too small and need a 9mm. I want to price this fairly but don’t want to sell myself short. I ended up carrying my 19 more than the lcp and would like to go to a single stack 9mm like the pf9, lc9, or pps.

So what would be a fair price for the setup I have in your opinion?

Galco iwb leather holster, 2 boxes of tula, 2 mags, original box and soft case with manual, and the gun which I rate at like new in box. It was only carried a dozen times. It also has a very low round count probably less than 150 rds.

Pics inbound when I get to the phone.

jc75754
02-06-12, 08:18

mallowpufft
02-06-12, 08:26
I'm not sure what the holster goes.for these days but the TulAmmo is around $12 box at wallymart these days. Around here (western VA) an LCP goes for between $275-$325 brandy spankin' new.
You should be able to get between those prices as a package deal.

jc75754
02-06-12, 09:02
I priced it at $315 and since that I have had 3 calls. thanks.

F-Trooper05
02-06-12, 09:23
Personally I won't ever buy a used gun unless it's a minimum of $75-$100 under the price of a new gun. Saving $50 a gun when I have absolutely no idea of its history with the previous owner just isn't worth it to me. As for all the "extras," (ammo, holsters, etc) I put absolutely zero stock in them and I find it humorous when people think it should increase the worth of the item (unless of course it's something really special like an RCS holsters). But that's just me.

jc75754
02-06-12, 10:04
I don’t think that it increases the value of the used gun but it makes it somewhat more appealing. I will have no need for the extras if I sell the gun so I added it in.

The used gun market is booming any gun I have placed on the local forum has always sold for the price that I have asked for and I am usually spot on with the price. Some people like to buy used guns and save the extra couple of bucks, but I agree with you on purchasing a gun with an unknown history.