PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers 1911 Pistol Smithing Course in Nebraska Oct. 2008

GIFFMANN
12-19-07, 22:57
Amendment Arms is proud to announce that Larry Vickers will be teaching his 1911 Pistol Smithing course in Omaha, NE October 13th through 18th. As with the other courses he has taught, this is a 6 day course that will take you through the complete process Larry has developed over the years to build a reliable 1911 pistol.

Students will be responsible for tuition, as well as the purchase of the slide/frame, all parts and the appropriate tools. In addition, prior to the course, you should have read, and be familiar with both of Jerry Kuhnhausen's books on the 1911.

Currently, I have 6 open slots available.

For more information, please email me at: courses@amendmentarms.com

Thanks!
Giff

GIFFMANN
02-01-08, 10:08
Still have slots available!

GIFFMANN
02-24-08, 14:21
I still have a few slots left!

GIFFMANN
05-14-08, 18:31
This course, in Nebraska, will be the last 1911 pistolsmithing course West of the Mississippi this year, and from what Larry has stated, it could be 2010 before one of these comes to this part of the country again.

Larry Vickers
05-15-08, 06:49
If anyone is interested don't hesitate because I am not sure when this will happen again

cheers

LAV

Larry Vickers
06-08-08, 07:47
It looks like this one will go - of course we thought that about the Reno one also until 2 students cancelled with about 1 month out which killed that class - 60 days out is absolute bare minimum to get all the parts and tools for this class as some of them will always be back ordered

Things are shaping up to 1 east of the Mississippi class per year in the spring (Northern Ohio with Lynn Freshly as host) and 1 west of the Mississippi class per year (if the demand is there - host TBD)

This is a specialized , fast paced, intense class that is very time, cost, and labor intensive - it is not for the faint of heart - however what you get in return is the ONLY class of it's type being taught on the road and YEARS worth of priceless experience packed into 6 days - lessons learned that literally took more than a decade and countless thousands of rounds to figure out - ask anyone who has been to the class; it is well worth the price of admission and a very unique experience

hope to see some of you there

LAV

STS
06-08-08, 12:58
Mr. Vickers,

Any more plan on another Reno class? I was pretty bummed when the June class got canceled.

Joe R.
06-08-08, 14:44
Having attended the most recent class in Ohio, I strongly suggest you attend if you have a serious interest in learning how to build a 1911 correctly. Larry's first hand experience in building, shooting and watching his guns be shot for hundreds of thousands of rounds (and then some) is well worth the investment.

If you have any questions about the class that I can help with please feel free to PM me.

Joe Riedy

Larry Vickers
06-09-08, 06:50
A future Reno class is unknown at this time - maybe is the best I can say - my recommendation is to jump on any class held west of the Miss - the Omaha one still has openings I think - contact Giff direct to find out

Be safe

LAV

VA_Dinger
06-22-08, 08:12
For any serious student of the 1911 this class should not be missed.

So far everybody who has taken this class has been very pleased.

GIFFMANN
06-23-08, 13:02
Right now, I do still have slots available. I'm also looking into some inexpensive lodging options.

Thanks!
Giff

VA_Dinger
08-19-08, 19:38
Giff, any spots still open for this class?

KevinB
09-07-08, 02:43
If I did not have to be in Boston on the 18th for my wedding I would have been in for this class...