PDA

View Full Version : FrogLube on pistols?

yellowfin
02-06-12, 21:14
My wife may be getting her first pistol in the next few months. I'm very much wanting for her to be able to clean it but she hates the smell of most gun oils and cleaners. I've seen recently that some people use Frog Lube for their pistols and it's not a petroleum based lube so no nasty fumes and actually smells pretty nice. Do any of you use it for your sidearms and if so how do you like it? What are some things I/we need to know in implementing it?

wahoo95
02-06-12, 21:20
Froglube is roller coaster track grease. It works great and smells minty. Gunzilla is another great cleaner which doesn't have a strong/bad smell. I've never found Remoil to have a bad smell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tb-av
02-06-12, 21:25
Easiest is to use the search engine and read the few long threads on how people like it and how to use it.

Basically yes, people like it.

Follow directions that come with it.

maximus83
02-06-12, 21:29
Don't know anything about Froglube, other than that I've seen a few here on M4c say that they like it.

There are other lubes that have minimal smell, or a nice smell. One of the best lubes smell-wise is Weaponshield: smells a bit like cinnamon, to me. It also works great as a lube, btw.

snakedoctor
02-06-12, 21:31
Well, If shes getting a glock she really doesnt need Froglube or any special lube at all. Glocks only need a couple of drops if any at all. If you do plan to froglube it up you'll need to use their stripper or strip the parts with something else (ie alcohol). Then FrogLube needs to be heated up and allowed to soak into the parts. People suggest crock pots, ovens , or just shoot the gun alot and allow it to get hot. I myself use a heat gun and torch. If you purchase some Froglube it'll come with intructions on how to use it.

An Undocumented Worker
02-06-12, 21:35
I use it on AR-15's down to my Browning Buckmark, and everything in between.

I've found on my carry pistols that the froglube doesn't seep off of the slide rails or from around the locking lugs on the barrel.

The only thing I've found that likes a different lube is my CZ 452 bolt action .22, it likes slip2000 ewl30 a bit better.

StrikerFired
02-06-12, 21:38
As a matter of fact......Just cleaned and Froglubed up a glock 22 today! Used the paste and applied it to the rail and locking lugs on the bottom of the barrel. So far so good, but as pointed out it's kinda hard to tell on a Glock pistol as they really do run on just about anything out there. Ran about 200 rounds through it, no issues at all.

tdoom15
02-06-12, 22:42
I don't buy that it 'soaks' into the metal, but that being said it does work very well on my ddm4. I will be sticking with weaponshield for alll my handguns, and using FL on my carbines.

yellowfin
02-06-12, 22:45
Interestingly enough I also just got her an AR lower, so it'll be in the plan for her long guns as well.

OldGreg
02-07-12, 12:48
Froglube on everything i run.

I like that it (1) doesn't creep, and (2) it actually DOES make cleaning easier. I don't have to scrub off the carbon build-up on my handgun's feed ramp anymore.

m1a_scoutguy
02-07-12, 12:52
Oh,,yea,,,I run it on my 1911s,,best stuff ever on them !! (I think anyways) I also use it on my Glock,,what's not to like !! Try it,,good stuff !! :D

S. Kelly
02-07-12, 13:11
I love it because it doesn't bother me. Other lubes and solvents have some ingredient that really bothers me and causes me to have an allergic reaction.

JSantoro
02-07-12, 13:28
Guys, there's nothing going on here that's significantly different enough that it couldn't have been included in the existing FrogLube thread(s).

It's LUBE...for GUNS...so, how unique can it possibly be, to rate separate threads that effectively differ only by subforum location?

Sorry, but c'mon....