PDA

View Full Version : Back Up Rear Sight

benne911
02-06-12, 22:10
I have the regular front post sight on my m4 (bushmaster m4a3). I am looking to add an eotech red dot. I would also like a back up rear sight. Is a back up rear sight compatible with the front post sight? Because I know they usually sell the BUIS in rear and front. Thanks.

ggp2jz
02-06-12, 22:19
Yes it is compatible

benne911
02-06-12, 22:41
Thanks..right now im looking to get a quad rail. My rifle is pretty much stock as I bought. Is it beeter to get a free floating or regular quad rails? And does the free floating hand rails require you to remove the front sight post/bayonnet lug. If anyone has a link to the process it would be appreciated.

Tzook
02-07-12, 08:23
Thanks..right now im looking to get a quad rail. My rifle is pretty much stock as I bought. Is it beeter to get a free floating or regular quad rails? And does the free floating hand rails require you to remove the front sight post/bayonnet lug. If anyone has a link to the process it would be appreciated.

If you want to mount an optic, you need to go with a free float rail. And that's far from the only reason

Inkslinger
02-07-12, 08:44
If you want to mount an optic, you need to go with a free float rail.
Please explain this sentence to me.

benne911
02-07-12, 08:50
Well the optic will be mounted above the chamber because the rifle has a removable carry handle. Do you still need the free float then? I know they give better accuracy due to the barrel not being touched but what other benefits would you get?

RGoose
02-07-12, 08:55
Well the optic will be mounted above the chamber because the rifle has a removable carry handle. Do you still need the free float then? I know they give better accuracy due to the barrel not being touched but what other benefits would you get?
You don't need to install a free float rail to mount the optic. There are advantages to installing a free float rail system over a drop-in rail system like the KAC RAS. One of the first is that a free float rail will not cause a point of impact (POI) shift if there is any pressure applied to the forearm.

JSantoro
02-07-12, 09:21
Please explain this sentence to me.

No, please do not. I don't need to spend the rest of the morning chanting "serenity NOW" over and over and over and....

Let's just agree that, as posted, it's a false statement made by somebody that's apparrently mounting their primary optic to a FF rail instead of their receiver, for whatever Silly-Straw-chromosome reason.

Besides which, it has nothing to do with the topic....which has been answered over and over, and which could have been found through use of either Search feature.