PDA

View Full Version : 2008 DAVE HARRINGTON CARBINE CLASS. (MI)

Steve
12-20-07, 10:51
Who: Dave Harrington
Where: Centerline gun club, battle creek MI.
When: March 29th-30th
cost: 375.00

round count will be 1500 rounds of carbine .

there are 16 slots left for this class
any further questions and payment info please contact me

517-6100-9849
kayufish2@aol.com

macman37
12-22-07, 12:06
Curious, what level is this class?

Thanks
jim

C4IGrant
12-22-07, 16:12
Hmmm, 1500rds for a two day carbine class. That sounds about right for a Super Dave class! :D

C4

Steve
12-22-07, 16:48
There is no level.
you should have had previous formal training and knowledge of your gear and gun and yourself.

this class will be very intensive and has drills that will take way off the square range world.

contact me off board for more info.

Steve

Dave.O
12-24-07, 12:06
Dude, stay away from the truck!

Steve
02-10-08, 19:41
We have about 7 slots left:D

MadcapMagician
02-11-08, 08:27
AHHH... If only it was a week earlier. :D

If you've never trained with Super Dave, you are really missing out. Wish I could make it up to this one. I've been itching for another SDave fix for a while now.

Dave Williams
02-11-08, 17:28
For those of you who would like to get an idea of what Dave is like here is a link to some videos Matt Burkett did from Shot '08, one of them is an interview with Dave:

http://ustream.tv/channel/mattburkett

Dave Williams

M4arc
02-11-08, 18:26
Dude, stay away from the truck!

:eek:

I flinched when I read that! :D

For those of you that have not experienced a Super Dave class you don't know what you're missing. I hope we can get him back to VA at some point. His classes are intense and you will definitely learn a lot.

"Lance, what the *%&@ are you doing? Don't %&*@ing freelance on me dude."

:D

C4IGrant
02-11-08, 18:29
:eek:

I flinched when I read that! :D

For those of you that have not experienced a Super Dave class you don't know what you're missing. I hope we can get him back to VA at some point. His classes are intense and you will definitely learn a lot.

"Lance, what the *%&@ are you doing? Don't %&*@ing freelance on me dude."

:D

Luv me some SD!

"Grant, why is SD calling you Lance?" :D

C4

M4arc
02-11-08, 18:38
Luv me some SD!

"Grant, why is SD calling you Lance?" :D

C4

I still laugh out loud when I think about him calling you Lance the entire weekend! :) Even after Dave P corrected him. Damn that was some funny stuff.

Super Dave's style is "different" but I was still thinking about the stuff I learned three weeks later. Most importantly I learned that I suck at no/low light shooting. :(

Jay Cunningham
02-11-08, 18:40
Most importantly I learned that I such at no/low light shooting. :(

There's a lot of that going around.

ToddG
02-11-08, 19:52
Sounds like someone was trying Dave's skills when he was splitting atoms, dudes.

Did he tell you guys his "space program" story?

Sam
02-11-08, 20:26
Sounds like someone was trying Dave's skills when he was splitting atoms, dudes.

Someone was "freelancing" and definitely was "testing his skills" . :D

M4arc
02-11-08, 20:48

No but he told us his New Jersey story ;)

Someone was "freelancing" and definitely was "testing his skills" . :D

No doubt about that! I think we all did at one point or another :D

ToddG
02-11-08, 21:04
Don't know that I've heard the NJ story ...

So, Dave's space program story. I first heard this from a mutual friend (Ken Hackathorn) when Ken learned I was considering bringing Dave on as a member of the Beretta pistol team. I apologize in advance for the lack of details, it's just been years since I heard the story.

Dave was in Group and deployed somewhere in Africa. His team had been tasked with a mission that involved getting panoramic photographs of certain parts of the local terrain.

While looking for an ideal vantage point, the team comes upon a village. The village elders come out to meet the team. The village, they say, has been there for countless generations ... literally thousands of years. The team informs the village that the next morning, they'll be traveling to this huge collection of rocks a few klicks away to do their photography from as high a vantage point as they can.

One of the elders is flabbergasted. No one, he tells them, has ever climbed the rocks. No one in those countless generations, thousands of years, has traveled to those rocks a few klicks away and climbed to the top. No one!

"And that," says SuperDave, "is why you'll never have a ****ing space program."

Jay Cunningham
02-11-08, 21:05
At least he didn't shoot their goat.

ToddG
02-11-08, 21:07
Dude ... I have a picture of that goat! Dave is just so sentimental about that kind of thing sometimes. :cool:

C4IGrant
02-12-08, 08:27
I still laugh out loud when I think about him calling you Lance the entire weekend! :) Even after Dave P corrected him. Damn that was some funny stuff.

Super Dave's style is "different" but I was still thinking about the stuff I learned three weeks later. Most importantly I learned that I suck at no/low light shooting. :(

It was funny for sure.

"Hey Grant can you shoot my target to make sure it is there?" "Ok Marc, will do......DING! Yep it is still there." :D

C4

C4IGrant
02-12-08, 08:27

No, but got that story from someone else. Classic SD!

C4

C4IGrant
02-12-08, 08:30
Don't know that I've heard the NJ story ...

So, Dave's space program story. I first heard this from a mutual friend (Ken Hackathorn) when Ken learned I was considering bringing Dave on as a member of the Beretta pistol team. I apologize in advance for the lack of details, it's just been years since I heard the story.

Dave was in Group and deployed somewhere in Africa. His team had been tasked with a mission that involved getting panoramic photographs of certain parts of the local terrain.

While looking for an ideal vantage point, the team comes upon a village. The village elders come out to meet the team. The village, they say, has been there for countless generations ... literally thousands of years. The team informs the village that the next morning, they'll be traveling to this huge collection of rocks a few klicks away to do their photography from as high a vantage point as they can.

One of the elders is flabbergasted. No one, he tells them, has ever climbed the rocks. No one in those countless generations, thousands of years, has traveled to those rocks a few klicks away and climbed to the top. No one!

That is a classic one for sure.

The NJ story is basically SD and friends loaded up with every piece of .mil hardware they can find and get pulled over by a NJ Super Trooper at night. SD was of course driving. It does down hill from here...

C4

ToddG
02-13-08, 13:11
Some photos I've taken of SDave over the years:

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/candid.png

http://greent.com/webimg/match/nc2003/sdh-1-small.jpg

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/swwc2007/normal_TLG_7426.JPG

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/swwc2007/normal_TLG_7651.JPG

M4arc
02-13-08, 13:18
It was funny for sure.

"Hey Grant can you shoot my target to make sure it is there?" "Ok Marc, will do......DING! Yep it is still there." :D

C4

That was a very humbling experience but worth the price of adminision because I learned a ton. I haven't practiced any of it but I learned!

NCPatrolAR
02-13-08, 16:17
Perhaps if S Dave comes back to this region I'll try to get into a class with him.

Steve
02-13-08, 20:14
Perhaps if S Dave comes back to this region I'll try to get into a class with him.

just come to michigan,

we have about 5 slots left:D

NCPatrolAR
02-14-08, 00:18
MI is a bit of a drive for me. The 8 hour drive to Ohio for the lowlight class sucked... I can imagine tacking on a few more hours couldnt be any better

Sam
02-14-08, 06:07
On the reverse situation, a few years ago a couple of guys from Michigan (Lansing, I think?) drove down to north GA to take an SD class.

Steve
02-14-08, 08:04
its just over the Ohio MI border. so its 9 hours. not bad...

Sam
02-14-08, 08:26
One of those boys ended up hosting an SD class in his Michigan town.

VA_Dinger
02-14-08, 16:33

My God, that is funny. :D

MadcapMagician
02-14-08, 19:38
This is why you practice reloads.. So you don't end up like

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/31455026_023.JPG

Steve
02-14-08, 21:28
One of those boys ended up hosting an SD class in his Michigan town.

My God, that is funny. :D

yes that was dave G he is in NC now working

Dave G
02-26-08, 08:51
The goat story rings a bell, someone tell it though

ToddG
02-26-08, 11:16
Short version of goat story:

SDH is deployed somewhere (can't remember where).

Local witch doctor sells Dave a gris-gris and promises that it will make the wearer immune to bullets.

Dave puts gris-gris around the neck of a goat, shoots goat. Goat dies.

Empirical science at its best.

John_Wayne777
02-26-08, 11:30

Local witch doctor sells Dave a gris-gris and promises that it will make the wearer immune to bullets.

http://www.unity.i8i.co.uk/forum/images/smiley_lol.gif

That's just wrong.

Jay Cunningham
02-26-08, 12:26

SDH is deployed somewhere (can't remember where).

I heard that after he shot the goat he looked at the witch doctor and said, "That shit don't work."

Sam
02-26-08, 13:57
The witch doctor better be glad it was the goat. :D