PDA

View Full Version : Carbine length barrels sans M4 feedramps?

ClearedHot
02-07-12, 23:05
I'm looking to do a custom build with a 12"-16" carbine length barrel without the M4 feedramps.

I know some early Larue Stealth barrels didn't have the M4 feedramps on them, but are there any other good barrels that don't have them?

Col_Crocs
02-08-12, 05:57
I just have to ask... Why?

ClearedHot
02-08-12, 07:59
I just have to ask... Why?

The stripped upper I'm using for the build isn't compatible with barrel extensions that have M4 feedramps.

danco
02-08-12, 09:47
The stripped upper I'm using for the build isn't compatible with barrel extensions that have M4 feedramps.

Uppers without M4 feedramps (i.e., rifle uppers) are OK to use with barrels with M4 feedramps.

However, the reverse (upper with M4 feedramps and barrel with rifle feedramps) is not good...

~Dan

ClearedHot
02-08-12, 10:37
Uppers without M4 feedramps (i.e., rifle uppers) are OK to use with barrels with M4 feedramps.

I've heard conflicting reports about running that configuration. Some people have had less than optimal results with installing a barrel with M4 ramps in a rifle upper receiver. I'd rather not take the chance and just stick with a carbine barrel with a rifle barrel extension.

JasonM
02-08-12, 11:30
if I were you, I'd sell that stripped upper to someone building a rifle, and use the cash to offset the $50-$90 a new upper with M4 ramps will run you.

Then, you build it right and are not as limited in your barrel choices.

YMMV