PDA

View Full Version : delton....

badness
02-08-12, 05:07
so....according to the delton rep that "nutnfancy" interviewed, he states that delton bolts are hpt/mpi'd. Have they always done this and just didn't really say or is this a new development because of their reputation for bolts breaking in half has killed their sales.

markm
02-08-12, 05:24
Who knows or cares? Not sure why anyone would buy from them EVEN if they documented their testing.

wetidlerjr
02-08-12, 05:35
Well, according to TOS and Del-Ton, they are GTG.

(sarcasm)
:D

Jaysop
02-08-12, 06:44
Who knows or cares? Not sure why anyone would buy from them EVEN if they documented their testing.

I won't be buying from them anytime soon, actually ever...
But if they are suppsably making the properly I'd be interested in what their fatal flaw was.

Funkenstein
02-08-12, 07:56
Every review I have found about Del-Ton has actually been good. Most people will buy their parts and replace the BCG with a DD or something.

Just because they are cheaper than most doesn't make them bad. No track record doesn't make them bad either.

I haven't persoanlly tried them out but from what I have read and heard, they are a decent no frills company.

polymorpheous
02-08-12, 08:27
Every review I have found about Del-Ton has actually been good. Most people will buy their parts and replace the BCG with a DD or something.

Just because they are cheaper than most doesn't make them bad. No track record doesn't make them bad either.

I haven't persoanlly tried them out but from what I have read and heard, they are a decent no frills company.

Read more, post less.

Funkenstein
02-08-12, 08:38
Read more, post less.

I read plenty, thank you.

And the absolute only complaint I have heard of Del-Ton is of their BCG.

Simple solution: buy another BCG.

Do a simple Google search and you will see what I'm talking about...

Grizzly16
02-08-12, 08:42

And the absolute only complaint I have heard of Del-Ton is of their BCG.

Simple solution: buy another BCG.

Do a simple Google search and you will see what I'm talking about...

This is going to end well...

elia.jon1
02-08-12, 08:47
I built up a few delton kits, learned and ended up selling them off and getting a colt 6921 but the people who have my old deltons run flawlessly, one has a standard semi carrier before they started marking them mpi, the other has a semi chromed bcg and it has ran great except for one stuck tula case and extractor replacement

another lightweight middy build has a full auto marked hpt/mp bcg group from delton and it has never missed a beat....its a bcm blem upper lightweight middy 16(cmmg 1:12 barrel) and it runs great

i never had a single issue out of any of these guns about 1k rounds through each of the first two and about 3k out of the third...again they were good

but my colt is a far better feeling animal and it is great

Funkenstein
02-08-12, 08:49
This is going to end well...

Like I said, I have no personal experience so I'm not saying they are good or bad. But from what I have read from others and their experience, I don't think they should be completely counted out.

Believe me, I appreciate quality rifles as I am a Marine.

All I'm simply saying is that you shouldn't count a company out for a few failed products.

djmorris
02-08-12, 08:54
I'd never take a Delton into a potential combat zone. I don't care what their company or anyone else says.

polymorpheous
02-08-12, 08:57

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

FlatFender
02-08-12, 09:07
so....according to the delton rep that "nutnfancy" interviewed, he states that delton bolts are hpt/mpi'd. Have they always done this and just didn't really say or is this a new development because of their reputation for bolts breaking in half has killed their sales.

I have an early 2011 vintage Del-ton bolt that is HP/MP marked. It has eaten a couple thousand rounds without issue, however I do not/will not trust my life with it. If you are just shopping for a bolt, I believe there are much better options, for the same, or very little more money.