PDA

View Full Version : S&W Model 25-5

JWS3
02-08-12, 06:38
This is Mjolnir, a S&W Model 25-5, 6 inch pinned barrel. It belonged to my brother who has a terminal illness. Recently he gave it to me, knowing that I once owned the same model of handgun when I was station in Germany back in the mid-Eighties and, he wanted it to go to a good home and remain in the family.

He kept it as his bedside gun to fend off scallywags, until he was no longer able to sit upright. Loaded with 250gr RN lead, it packs a combination of a lethal punch and semi-mild recoil.

I've shot this handgun twice since November, 2011 and have to say that two-handed shooting at 15 yards, the accuracy is quite acceptable. I think it has the over-sized cylinder bores and forcing cone but, will have to wait until I return to Michigan to verify this.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/Excalibur745/IMG_20120206_093322.jpg

TXBob
02-08-12, 11:08
Very nice--I have an unreasonable soft spot for large frame 45 ACP revolvers ever since I received a M1917 Colt.

This one is a beauty.

May your brother find comfort in his suffering and be at peace when the time comes.

JWS3
02-08-12, 15:36
Very nice--I have an unreasonable soft spot for large frame 45 ACP revolvers ever since I received a M1917 Colt.

This one is a beauty.

May your brother find comfort in his suffering and be at peace when the time comes.

Thank you for your kinds words, TXBob. I too, hope that his suffering will come to a peaceful end.

The handgun is in 97-100% condition and has a very light single action trigger. DA shooting is hampered with the wide target trigger but, that's inherent to most of the N-Frames from this time period.

-Jim

xray 99
02-08-12, 21:05

This one is a beauty.

The 25-5 is chambered for .45 Colt - the 25-2 is the ACP variant.

Jake'sDad
02-09-12, 10:10

This one is a beauty.

Xray's is a .45 Colt. Even more beautyness.

Amen.