PDA

View Full Version : YHM suppressor for my Stag 2TL... good fit?

JrFreak
02-08-12, 09:04
I'm looking to add a suppressor to my Stag 2TL. Mostly because the local range is in town and I plan on shooting much more this year... so I want to try and be noise friendly to nearby homes.

I did some research and seems like YHM makes a nice suppressor for the price. Any obvious fitment issues / concerns mating these two up?

Thanks!

markm
02-08-12, 10:05
The Phantom SS???

YHM cans are fine... a little heavy... but fit is like any other can. Sound just like any other can too.

JrFreak
02-08-12, 10:59
The Phantom SS???

YHM cans are fine... a little heavy... but fit is like any other can. Sound just like any other can too.

Probably just a Phantom in black. Gunbroker has them for $440. Just found out my local NFA dealer might be closing. Damn... no one else nearby.

Raven Armament
02-08-12, 13:11
The stainless Phantom is coated black too. The only difference being the material is stainless steel instead of chrome-moly steel; more corrosion resistance with the stainless.

The Phantom is a decent can for the money, but it is heavier than many on the market in that segment. I recommend the QD attachment over the direct thread mount.

markm
02-08-12, 13:22
The stainless Phantom is coated black too. The only difference being the material is stainless steel instead of chrome-moly steel; more corrosion resistance with the stainless.

The Phantom is a decent can for the money, but it is heavier than many on the market in that segment. I recommend the QD attachment over the direct thread mount.

Agreed on both...

Yes... the original Phantom had Carbon steel guts.... they started making SS baffles a few years back.

JrFreak
02-10-12, 08:33
Thanks for the input.

I have it narrowed down to the 7.62 QD suppressor in Stainless or possibly Titanium. I want matte black can, so that combined with the extra $200 for the Ti... I'm leaning stainless.

I talked to a YHM sales guy and he said the 7.62 QD will work fine on a 5.56 flash hider. Since my next AR will likely be a 7.62 I'm going to get one I can use for both.

Raven Armament
02-10-12, 09:49
And the added benefit of a .30 can on a 5.56 host is less "gas face" through the charging handle area, even with a gas buster type CH (which don't work all that well).

JrFreak
02-13-12, 17:25
I have my name on the waiting list for this...

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-762-sdn-6

A little more money, buy better quality and better performance than the YHM.

Black
02-19-12, 13:11
I have the 5.56 Phantom and the 7.62 Cyclone. Although I do love my Phantom, the Cyclone is lighter - you made the right choice with the 762SD

JrFreak
02-21-12, 07:52
I think so. Going to run $850, but will be able to use it for my 5.56 and my future 7.62.