PDA

View Full Version : Skinny handguards for stock Colt LE6920

NitroDave08
02-08-12, 15:07
Didnt like the fatter handguard of the stock Colt LE6920.

When I went thumping around the gun shops on a day off found these take off handguards. Got them home and wow, cant get the stock ones off. (tight D-Ring). I just wasn't hold my tongue right haha.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/Nitro-tastic/Guns/Daves%20Guns/Colt%20LE6920/DSC_0002.jpg

folding grip and rail
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/Nitro-tastic/Guns/Daves%20Guns/Colt%20LE6920/DSC_0004.jpg

rail and grip on
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/Nitro-tastic/Guns/Daves%20Guns/Colt%20LE6920/DSC_0006.jpg
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/Nitro-tastic/Guns/Daves%20Guns/Colt%20LE6920/DSC_0007.jpg

buckjay
02-08-12, 16:26
Looks its Elton John's aborted fetus!

ETA: What was your intended purpose of this thing? Not sure why you wouldn't have gone with a Magpul MOE Handguard and Magpul MOE Vertical Grip.

NitroDave08
02-09-12, 03:04
Looks its Elton John's aborted fetus!

ETA: What was your intended purpose of this thing? Not sure why you wouldn't have gone with a Magpul MOE Handguard and Magpul MOE Vertical Grip.

http://www.mountsplus.com/images10/products/magpul/MOE/Magpul_MVG_MOE_AR-15_Vertical_Grip-D.jpg

Try looking at the changes and figure it out.
Went smaller, why suggest larger? Cosmetically that handguard looks like shit. And when I picked one up, it felt like shit.
Went folder why suggest fixed? Like the versatility

polymorpheous
02-09-12, 03:17
Your time on this forum will be painful with you attitude.
My friendly suggestion to you would be to post less and read more.
There is so much great information in the sticky threads at the top of each subforum.
You bought a great AR, don't accessorize it with Chinese made junk that may fail you.

PlatoCATM
02-09-12, 05:22
There is no versatility in the foldable VFG. It will most likely break when you need it, and when it is folded it's just a gigantic mass on the bottom that gets in the way of everything. If you like it, good for you, but call it what it is. I can't blame you for not wanting the MOE handguards though.

markm
02-09-12, 06:49
folding grip and rail

That's hot!

Darkop
02-09-12, 13:00
The guy did something a little different, let it be. How many times have YOU changed the hand guards on a gun? Maybe he is not going into COMBAT today and does't need the tactical ninja stuff right now.

It's very unfortunate that this sight has gotten so negative towards people that do something a little different and is not the cookie cutter AR-15's that are in the picture threads.

Please don't let this sight go the way of AR15.com.

To the OP. Go run the crap out of that colt! If you like your set up run with it. If you don't then change it. It's as simple as that.

Until that day,
Darkop

DeltaSierra
02-09-12, 13:13
The guy did something a little different, let it be. How many times have YOU changed the hand guards on a gun? Maybe he is not going into COMBAT today and does't need the tactical ninja stuff right now.

It's very unfortunate that this sight has gotten so negative towards people that do something a little different and is not the cookie cutter AR-15's that are in the picture threads.

To the OP. Go run the crap out of that colt! If you like your set up run with it. If you don't then change it. It's as simple as that.

Until that day,
Darkop

What are you talking about?

A folding "tactical" grip is useless, and if it hurts someones feelings when I say so, tough.

Did you stop to think that there is a reason why people that know what they are doing tend to set their rifles up a certain way, because it is the best way?

munch520
02-09-12, 13:26
what's the purpose of a folding grip? one more moving part :nono:

there's a reason every reputable VFG out there is fixed.

Went folder why suggest fixed? Like the versatility

What does that even mean? My sex doll's legs/arms fold up to allow for quick and easy storage. Now THAT'S versatility.

NitroDave08
02-09-12, 14:04
Your time on this forum will be painful with you attitude.
My friendly suggestion to you would be to post less and read more.
There is so much great information in the sticky threads at the top of each subforum.
You bought a great AR, don't accessorize it with Chinese made junk that may fail you.

Have read though them, and I'm not the one that goes for all the gadgets. As for the chinese junk, it did me well in Bosnia and Kosovo. The folder for my arm length feels the most comfortable folded and used as a low grip. For the attitude, oh well, the people know where the ignore button is. When I look though the setups of the guys/gals and see them with shit that weighs more than the weapon itself, I move on. I have the respect to allow the people to do what they want without harassment. I don't mind criticism, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

There is no versatility in the foldable VFG. It will most likely break when you need it, and when it is folded it's just a gigantic mass on the bottom that gets in the way of everything. If you like it, good for you, but call it what it is. I can't blame you for not wanting the MOE handguards though.

As for the chinese junk, it did me well in Bosnia and Kosovo. The folder for my arm length feels the most comfortable folded and used as a low grip. I have combat experience with them. And for me it works very well.

Until that day,
Darkop

Very good words of wisdom! This model is the exact I had while I was in Bosnia and Kosovo, other than the GOVT replaced by LE stamping. Did me well there and will do me well in the future.

What are you talking about?

A folding "tactical" grip is useless, and if it hurts someones feelings when I say so, tough.
Maybe in your experience it's useless. With my experience it works for me, and THAT is all the matters.

Did you stop to think that there is a reason why people that know what they are doing tend to set their rifles up a certain way, because it is the best way?
Did you stop to think that the cookie-cutter way don't work for everyone. I have seen many times guys have useless paperweights because they ran out of batteries for the cutesy toys. Best one was that a guy took a sharpie and marked his Eotech lens because he left his carrying handle back at base and didn't have sights. His shortcoming was that he didn't have BUIS.
Next time need not ASSUME that the person don't know what they are doing.

what's the purpose of a folding grip? one more moving part :nono:
there's a reason every reputable VFG out there is fixed.
What does that even mean? My sex doll's legs/arms fold up to allow for quick and easy storage. Now THAT'S versatility.

Most the time I keep it folded up and used as a low grip. As for versatility, I was able to use it when I ****ed up my elbow jumping over the wall chasing Serbs as a mono-pod when I extended it. With a simple twist, it is locked into either position.

J_Dub_503
02-09-12, 17:47
That's hot!

Finally, Paris Hilton has some relevance on this forum. :sarcastic:

darbn
02-09-12, 17:59
If that rifle was a DPMS, the shit really would have hit the fan.

RichDC2
02-09-12, 18:26
Please don't take this the wrong way but there are many updated options for a VF from the time of your combat experience. You stated you liked a skinny forearm and now it is much thicker with the folding VF. That bare rail section cannot be comfortable either. There are much better tried and true systems on the market right now. In the end it is your rifle. Good Luck

KiloXray
02-09-12, 20:24
Hey OP,

Have you ever been to Bosnia? Or maybe Kosovo?

( Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm new here also. We are kindred.)

NitroDave08
02-11-12, 11:43
Please don't take this the wrong way but there are many updated options for a VF from the time of your combat experience. You stated you liked a skinny forearm and now it is much thicker with the folding VF. That bare rail section cannot be comfortable either. There are much better tried and true systems on the market right now. In the end it is your rifle. Good Luck

The way I grab the frontend is by folded grip. 99% of the time I keep it folded. The grip is even skinnier than the new forearms. The bare rails is going to get fixed today if the toy stores are open after our snow fall.

Sam
02-11-12, 12:09
Folks:

Please be nice to the new member. You can educate him without belittling him. That's what most of you have done. It's counterproductive.

Nitro:

Welcome, hang around awhile and you'll feel right at home.

As for your comment that the Magpul MOE is ugly or doesn't feel comfortable to you, that's fine. It's your gun and you're the one shooting it. Use whatever is comfortable to you. Just to let you know, Magpul is one of the top maker of AR gears and most of their stuff are proven to be durable and practical. The look of the MOE handguard maybe unorthodox but it's very functional. I don't use them, but I have tried them and found them more preferable to the round handguard.

Thanks.