PDA

View Full Version : Sale on MSA Supreme Pro X Ear Muffs

Band Aide
02-08-12, 19:32
I received an email from botach two hours ago that they were on sale priced at $199.95.

http://www.botachtactical.com/msasosuproxe.html

I know there are a few that have had bad experiences with botach, but out of the few transactions I've had with them they were always 100%.

-Dan.

uwe1
02-08-12, 23:46
I purchased these when they ran this special for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Shipping was fast. I wore these for the first time today and they were way better than my Peltors.

Shipping was free.

Don't order anything else with the MSA order, avoid large orders, and you'll have better success with Botach.

t1tan
02-09-12, 02:13
I might have to pick a set up

I've ordered a shit ton of Glock magazines from botach back when they were $12 a piece and never had trouble.

MookNW
02-09-12, 22:20
Thanks for the link.

trinydex
02-09-12, 22:23
that's a killer deal

are these ones warrantied?

VLODPG
02-10-12, 06:19
Got my shipping notice yesterday.

that's a killer deal

are these ones warrantied?

I expect that they should be, stated warranty in the ad. If I have a problem, I will just contact my CC company & file a claim that they provide for paying with the CC

xtremejc
02-10-12, 07:45
I just ordered a set. I hope everything is legit. That is a good price given that they include the gel ear cups.

bulbvivid
02-10-12, 08:13
Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered some.

I have my fingers crossed. On both hands.

drck1000
02-10-12, 11:17
I ordered one as well. I've been wanting to get one of these, but I have been buying other gear that are higher on my "needs" list. But with this sale, I decided to just go for it.

I placed the order yesterday morning and received a shipment notification about 90 mins later. I was hesitant to order from BoTach given their spotty CS track record, but this is a good start.

JSGlock34
02-10-12, 21:03
Great deal. I've also received a shipping notification - looking good.

TeamGrazzi
02-10-12, 22:07
Are these any good. I am looking into getting some electronic muffs for when I start taking classes but have absolutely no idea on what is good still in the research phase.

MookNW
02-10-12, 22:19
Some people have complained that the supreme pro's didn't reduce db enough (-18 I think). Others have reported great noise reduction.

Tzoid
02-10-12, 22:32
I have 2 pairs of Supreme Pros that are 4 and 5 years old. They have been excellent. No problems at all.

uwe1
02-10-12, 22:59
Some people have complained that the supreme pro's didn't reduce db enough (-18 I think). Others have reported great noise reduction.

I shot with some Surefire EP3s in addition to the Supreme Pros and it worked great.

This was under a covered range/bench area and you know how much sound is amplified under the metallic awnings.

big b
02-10-12, 23:09
Pretty good price, I might have to order a set.

As long as you email Botach to make sure what you want is in stock there usually aren't any problems.

duece71
02-11-12, 00:52
I wanted to jump on this but it seems like a lot of cash for only 18 NRR. My earplugs give me 29 NRR and even the Surefire EP are better than 18 NRR. What else do these give you that ear plugs cannot?? Does anyone use these for indoor shooting ranges??

d90king
02-11-12, 03:03
Great price on a nice set of muffs. Might grab a pair tomorrow after I check Grey Groups pricing first.

The Knuckle
02-11-12, 12:20
This seems like a awesome deal but with Howard Light ear pro at $45 I can't bring myself to do it.

andy t
02-11-12, 22:39
Comparing powered hearing protection to earplugs is apples to oranges. Personally, I bought a pair, because I was looking for something more comfortable than my Radians Pro Am. They are definitely comfortable, and I use them in the indoor range with no issues.
Another reason I bought MSA was because they are supposed to keep the noise level instead of completely cutting it off, like the cheaper headsets. I hoped it would make it easier to hear the instructor. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quiet that way, and I still have difficulty hearing instructors if people are shooting in the nearby bays.
Personally, I bought them because I wanted to try "serious" hearing protection. Honestly, I was somewhat disappointed with what I got, but I still like them, and thinking about getting a spare neckband thanks to this deal.
Another benefit with MSA vs Radians: MSA uses only 2 AAA batteries and has longer battery life. Radians use 6. Granted it's trivial given the prices differences, but you are paying for electronics as well.

I wanted to jump on this but it seems like a lot of cash for only 18 NRR. My earplugs give me 29 NRR and even the Surefire EP are better than 18 NRR. What else do these give you that ear plugs cannot?? Does anyone use these for indoor shooting ranges??

Impact
02-12-12, 21:58
got the neckband version. I already have the headband but for the price and with the ear gel..great deal.I should get mine soon. I'm local to them.
Sordin are my favorite hearing protection.

duece71
02-13-12, 15:01
Comparing powered hearing protection to earplugs is apples to oranges. Personally, I bought a pair, because I was looking for something more comfortable than my Radians Pro Am. They are definitely comfortable, and I use them in the indoor range with no issues.
Another reason I bought MSA was because they are supposed to keep the noise level instead of completely cutting it off, like the cheaper headsets. I hoped it would make it easier to hear the instructor. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quiet that way, and I still have difficulty hearing instructors if people are shooting in the nearby bays.
Personally, I bought them because I wanted to try "serious" hearing protection. Honestly, I was somewhat disappointed with what I got, but I still like them, and thinking about getting a spare neckband thanks to this deal.
Another benefit with MSA vs Radians: MSA uses only 2 AAA batteries and has longer battery life. Radians use 6. Granted it's trivial given the prices differences, but you are paying for electronics as well.

The price is really nice but I think for now, I am going to stick with my yellow moldable plugs and on occaision my Surefire plugs (EP3s) which provide 24NRR, when I need to hear on the range without taking the plugs out.

Tzoid
02-13-12, 16:10
Some are missing the point...If you train on a live fire range electronic hearing protection is a must. If you're a bench shooter than I understand not seeing the justification and arguing the decibel reduction.

These are not the same thing....... Running and gunning and communicating while shooting and moving is what these excel at.

Band Aide
02-13-12, 17:50
Received my black neckband today. Came in a fairly small white box with the gel pad cushions pre-installed. It did not include the stock ear pad cushions though.

Everything works fine and I'm a happy customer.

-Dan.

VLODPG
02-13-12, 19:41
Mine came in today:

Installed the batteries & I can't wait to use them.

Snake101st
02-13-12, 20:18
Do you think these are from this year or last year? I was looking at TCI muffs which are based on the Pro X, and they discontinued them because they didnt like the changes MSA was making. Check it out here:

"PLEASE NOTE: Despite our protest, MSA Sordin AB has elected to make drastic internal and operational changes to all Pro-X hearing protectors. We have conducted extensive evaluation of the upcoming version of the Pro-X series and have determined it did not meet the performance standards we think you, the customer, deserves. As a result, TCI will be discontinuing the DEHP Pro-X as it will not be built to our performance standards.

Once the current inventory of our DEHP Pro-X is depleted, this product will be discontinued. We are very sorry about this unfortunate situation, but it is simply the result of a vendor not providing TCI with a product that we feel you deserve. We have found the hearing protection system performance to be inferior to our current model and the reduction from 600 hours of battery life to only 200 hours to be unacceptable. These changes will affect ALL Pro-X hearing protectors no matter whether they come from MSA or other vendor.

TCI DEHP PRO-X DIGITAL ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION: BUY A PAIR BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOREVER!"

from here: http://www.tacticalcommandstore.com/TCI_DEHP_Pro-X_digital_electronic_hearing_protection.aspx

I've wanted a pair of Pro-X's for a while, but that kind of hurts the deal since theyre supposed to be top of the line.

MookNW
02-13-12, 20:58
Mine came as band aide described. No MSA markings on the cups, no big deal.

Impact
02-13-12, 21:28
foreign .mil contract over runs I believe so they should be g2G

Impact
02-13-12, 21:28
double tap