PDA

View Full Version : Rem 700 5R 300WM? Any experience?

khc3
02-09-12, 15:42
I have been looking at the Rem 700 5R in 300WM, specifically the threaded barrel model.

Anyone have any experience with one? Are teh muzzle threads suitable for suppressor use? ANy other thoughts?

Thanks

ETA: Duh, just noticed excellent thread down the board, but still want to know about factory threads, if anyone knows.

Pappabear
02-09-12, 23:59
Bought one, love it. I'm a big fan of the 5R barrel. Shot a 5 shot .25 inch group last week. I had it bedded, Timney and glass.

Great great gun for the coin. I started with the 308, same story. I have run the AAC cans on mine. The double chamber brake will make it a pleasure to shoot.

Just got the 223 threaded version for my Birthday, thanks to Markm leading my family in the right direction :D. Markus picked it up today. Throwing glass on it tomorrow night. Shooting it Saturday.

Dave L.
02-10-12, 07:35
Here's mine: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=98276

I didn't know the 300 version was coming from the factory threaded; I know the 308 version is. I had GAP do my threads in 5/8X24mm (IIRC), I think that's the most popular cut.

If you have any specific questions, maybe just add to either papabear's or my threads.

khc3
02-11-12, 23:09
Sounds like it's what i'm looking for. Thanks for the input!

I will keep an eye on the other threads.

Pappabear
02-12-12, 18:55
It was the same boring story with the .223. It shot lights out. With a can it felt less recoil than my sons airsoft. Cleaned real fast, shot great.

I do prefer to feel the bolt before I buy, my 308 is a bit sticky. I bought it online from a dealer. Not bad at all, just sticks a little sometime. So its good to paw them up first if possible. I nuke the trigger so I don't care.