PDA

View Full Version : Need A Push (sbr related)

rapomstage3
02-09-12, 17:49
So ive wanted an sbr for quite some time .. specifically a block 3 Kac sbr. Now that there here im getting cold feet. Its not the money or the wait. A little background.. I own an sr 15 and feel it is the finest shooter on the market. Ive shot a lot of AR's and imho i feel nothing compares. So other than the block 3 being shorter it is essentially the same. The other thing weighing heavy on my mind is a battle type .308. Specifically the lmt 16" model. These two rifles are in the same price range counting the tax and transfer fee for the sbr. I know the pros and cons of each but i just need a push in a direction. i value the opinions highly on this site and would appreciate your input. The local consensus is screw the sbr and get something else. Even my closest ar buddy thinks that and were on the same page about pretty much everything.

DeltaSierra
02-09-12, 18:00
Go ahead with the SBR.

Don't second guess your decision. Really though, you already made the decision, when you ordered the rifle...

Don't back out of the deal.

kwelz
02-09-12, 18:04
The only reason I regret getting an SBR is that I want another one. :(

rapomstage3
02-09-12, 18:16
I didn't order or commit to anything yet. I'm just going to have the money very shortly.

motoduck
02-10-12, 05:50
If your a KAC fan you will not be dissappointed with the factory SBR. The 16" SR15s are great shooters but I think the SBRs are even better. I have a block II and will be ordering a block III this year.

Its always good to have a battle rifle but I find I shoot 5.56 95% of the time.

rapomstage3
02-10-12, 05:57
I think you guys are right. I'm going to stick with the plan and get the sbr. See... Just what I needed.

rob_s
02-10-12, 05:57
What are you going to shoot more? Which do you have more application for?

SBRs are about all I shoot anymore, outside of guns for articles. My .30 needs are met by a LW bolt action hunting rifle.

Reagans Rascals
02-10-12, 06:04
http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/Knights-Armament-SR-15-E3-11-5-SBR

the only push you need is "ADD TO CART"

rapomstage3
02-10-12, 07:04
Lol. I was looking there. I've been communicating with Troy at Lawmens. But knesek can cerakote and ship so maybe. I'm a tan gunner.

ASH556
02-10-12, 07:51
I depends on your needs, but I just swapped my 308 bolt gun for a DD MK18 SBR. The fact is, I can afford to shoot more 556 than I can 308 match. Beyond that, SBR's are just super convenient and sexy. The final push for me was when I asked myself, "If there were no NFA, what length AR would I have?" The answer for me was as short as can reliably run (10.3"). That sealed the deal. In the long run the $200 tax is minimal and an SBR with the piss shot out of it beats a safe queen .308 six ways to Sunday.

bsmith_shoot
02-10-12, 10:27
Ive never had a single regret of going SBR. Every application I have had that needed a rifle, my SBR filled it. I feel very confident with any shot from 3 yards, out to 350 yards.

loganp0916
02-10-12, 11:09
http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/Knights-Armament-SR-15-E3-11-5-SBR

the only push you need is "ADD TO CART"

+1

No matter where you buy it. "ADD TO CART"

I plan on purchasing SBR, pistol (probably glock 17 or 19), and suppressor as soon as I turn 21. Just have to save some $$$$.

God damn I can't wait for that day to come!

rapomstage3
02-24-12, 05:40
Thanks for the push. I ordered my block III sbr yesterday.Im thinking a guy at the ATF is carrying some paper work , mines mixed in there somewhere. He trips drops everything and my paper work lands at the top of the pile. 2 weeks done. Seems realistic right?

usmcvet
02-24-12, 06:58
Three weeks tops. :D

It is worth the wait. I've got two and will eventually pull the trigger on a third. The only regret is I wish I'd started years ago.

Wake27
02-24-12, 12:08
I really wanna get an SBR upper too...

Iraqgunz
02-24-12, 12:19
We don't need to threads about the same story.