PDA

View Full Version : Same Sight plane

kev8287
02-09-12, 19:06
Does anyone have any actual data, on the POA/POI differences of same sight plane rear sights vs. regular rear sights. Is it a must have or much ado about nothing.

Kevin

MJN99999
02-09-12, 23:18
I don't recall where I learned it, but I backed it up with my own measurements and tests...

'Standard' sight zero shift runs approx 2.5 moa with a rifle-length sight radius & about 3.5 moa on a carbine length...and POI shifts down when going from small to large.

'Same Plane' sights don't exhibit elevation shift for the most part, but some do have a slight windage shift because they didn't compensate for the slight blade movement due to the screw threads when they designed/made the blade.

MikeN

JSantoro
02-10-12, 11:35
You may find "actual data" (as opposed to what other kind of data...?)by punching the words same plane into the orange Search button.

https://www.m4carbine.net/gtsearch.php?cx=003496919632624929056%3Adhiwgm0hbaa&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=same+sight+plane&siteurl=www.m4carbine.net%2Fsearch.php&ref=www.m4carbine.net%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D4

Folks need to bear in mind to ask themselves the following: "Am I likely to be the first cat to ask this question? Is my question unique enough to warrant its own thread." Use Search to confirm the first. Use Search results to see if your question relates to something that exists already, and thereby confirm the second.

If the above Search results don't net you what you're after, bump an old same-plane sight thread with a specific question. "Actual data" is kinda broad.....