PDA

View Full Version : Make it stop....

Reagans Rascals
02-09-12, 19:46
Am I the only one that is completely and utterly sick of hearing the word "Tactical" anywhere and everywhere.

Its honestly just getting very very old at this point. Please explain how a belt can be tactical, or how a pair of socks can be considered tactical.

tac·ti·cal/ˈtaktikəl/
Adjective:
Of, relating to, or constituting tactics.
(of bombing or weapons) Done or for use in immediate support of military or naval operations.

I wish everyone would please just stop with the hype... anyone and everyone trying to make a buck latches onto that term like a 5 month old onto a tit.

Tactical refers to mindset/ planning/ executing an operation.... it doesn't mean you have the "coolest" vest and boots with super ultra high speed gloves you got from your friend in the Delta Force Space Shuttle Door Gunner Program.

It is used so much that to this day, its essentially a requisite preamble for any advertisement, product, discussion, or write-up.

Products can be geared for those who choose to train and prepare for a multitude of situations, be it shooting, fighting, evading, etc... without the use of the modifier "TACTICAL"

that is all

montanadave
02-09-12, 20:37
Tactically speaking, a 5 month old latches onto a teat; a 15 year old latches onto a tit. :sarcastic:

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-09-12, 20:56
You know what really grinds my gears

Spade
02-09-12, 21:18
"Tactical" is the new "extreme"

Cesiumsponge
02-09-12, 21:59
"Tactical" is the new "extreme"

Zombie is the new tactical

SWATcop556
02-09-12, 23:53
Usually if it says "tactical" in the name, ad, picture, website, etc I take it as a sign that I probably don't want or need it.

There are exceptions to that rule though they are few.

Reagans Rascals
02-10-12, 06:44
every time I hear some gunstore commando say that word, or see it on packaging or advertising for a POS product made by a POS company.... I immediately picture this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP_WhG4fe-w&feature=related

.....cuz its tactical

The_War_Wagon
02-10-12, 07:17
Isn't this the home of 'tactical assault rifles' and how to build/deploy them? :jester:

Ah feel... yer pain... :o

CarlosDJackal
02-10-12, 10:04
TACTICAL posturing aside, the TACTICAL response to such redundant and meaningless use of the word "TACTICAL" is to conduct a TACTICAL retreat (aka: TACTICAL Retrograde Operations) until such a time that the word "TACTICAL" has been TACTICALLY replaced by another term.

You really can't blame those who us the word, "TACTICAL" for their TACTICAL leveraging of a fad in which concatenating the word "TACTICAL" to any item or description gives them a TACTICAL advantage in terms of marketing and sales.

Blame the TACTICAL fanboys and not the TACTICAL sellers. Those are TACTICAL wannabes who are willing to pay more for a TACTICAL Pet Rock over a non-TACTICAL Pet Rock. TACTICALLY speaking, this is the TACTICAL free market at work.

SHIVAN
02-10-12, 10:09
What I wish would stop? People worrying about stuff like this.