PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry your ESEE knives when in uniform..?

forgiven
02-09-12, 21:39
While in uniform, how do you carry your ESEE knives?

Is there a way to get a black factory sheeth for the ESEE 3?

I have the Izula II, ESEE 3, and 5....

forgiven
02-09-12, 21:40
ETA - my pants do not have cargo pockets...

sierra 223
02-10-12, 18:20
I carry my Izula in my off hand back pocket behind my wallet. Works great and I doubt if anyone notices it, and if they do most will not know what it is. I added the factory grips, I like them better than the paracord. I feel the fixed blade would be much easier to deploy than a folder would be in a scenario where I might have stop a gun grab or could not get to my handgun.

mercop
02-12-12, 15:10
Have you practiced deploying it? How do you keep the sheath in the pocket?

jonconsiglio
02-13-12, 11:54
Have you practiced deploying it? How do you keep the sheath in the pocket?

I carried my Izula like that for a while too. I tied a short piece of paracord to the bottom of it and to my belt. Not the best method, but it works. There's also a company making pocket sheaths from kydex that have that extra piece that catches when you pull it out.

I'm not a police officer but I carry a weapon for work.. I currently carry my Izula in the small of my back almost horizontally.

mercop
02-13-12, 14:59
Send me your addy at mercop27@gmail.com. I have something for you- George

sierra 223
02-13-12, 15:15
Deploying it works great, I carry it off duty and when in uniform in my off side back pocket. The sheath does not leave my pocket, my thumb pops the sheath off. It stays in well because our uniform pants have a very secure loop/button closure. I can actualy deploy it w/o using my thump because edge side of sheath catches on back of the loop/button closure. So by just pulling up on it the knife comes out w/o sheath. I also carry it off side back pocket of my jeans. To be consistent I always use my thumb to unsheath even though it is not necessary with my uniform pants. There is a slight draw back though, I usually have to pull the sheath out of my pocket to re sheath. If I were to use it in an emergency sitiuation I dont think it will be a problem with a slow re sheath. If I was using my folder I would have to unlock it which would probably be just as time consuming as re sheathing.

sierra 223
02-13-12, 15:29
Forgot to add, even with jeans it stays in my back pocket well behind my wallet. I was a little concerned about if it would slip out while sitting while wearing jeans. Seems very secure so far, been wearing it like this for appox 2 years. If I were to loose it I will get another one and wear it the same way. In my back pocket it kinda of looks like the combs we carried in the 80s, except I wear my hair way to short to comb now.

jonconsiglio
02-13-12, 16:48
It stays on my pocket as well due to the corners catching with the factory sheath. When I draw it out I just put pressure to the one side. I didn't want to recommend that though since we're relying on something that's not designed for that, so the paracord is a good backup.

I definitely need a new system though for carrying it.