PDA

View Full Version : KAC handstop for URX III install?

DGonz79
02-09-12, 21:45
Does the bottom of the rail on the KAC URX III need to be removed for the handstop to be installed?

CoryCop25
02-09-12, 22:32
Yes. The two screws on the front at 3 and 9 o'clock. Then push the little spring loaded detent at the bottom rear of the rail and slide forward. You will see the track that the nut for the handstop fits in.

DGonz79
02-10-12, 00:13
Thanks.

CoryCop25
02-10-12, 01:41
No sweat!

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CoryCop25/ARs/P1010225.jpg

JasonM
02-10-12, 07:40
Does the bottom of the rail on the KAC URX III need to be removed for the handstop to be installed?

You don't need to remove the bottom rail for this- the front is open, you slide the nut in the front, and attach the handstop from the bottom.

jbo723
02-10-12, 11:37
You don't need to remove the bottom rail for this- the front is open, you slide the nut in the front, and attach the handstop from the bottom.

This. There is a channel at the very bottom of the rail and you just slide the nut down the channel. I used the allen wrench to stop where I wanted it and screwed the bolt/hadnstop on. Definitely no need to remove the bottom rail.

TangoSauce
09-23-12, 01:13
Trying to add a bottom panel on the 3.1. I could slide the bottom nut down the rail and was able to get the bolt in as the nut was against the heat shield. The second bolt won't screw in as the nut is not staying in position as it's not against the heat shield.

So is there a trick to this or where the hell is the detent to remove the bottom rail? My ignorance is overwhelming when it comes to KAC rails as this is my first one.

JasonM
09-23-12, 11:49
Trying to add a bottom panel on the 3.1. I could slide the bottom nut down the rail and was able to get the bolt in as the nut was against the heat shield. The second bolt won't screw in as the nut is not staying in position as it's not against the heat shield.

So is there a trick to this or where the hell is the detent to remove the bottom rail? My ignorance is overwhelming when it comes to KAC rails as this is my first one.

Unscrew any screws on the sides of the rail.

The detent is inside the small hole on the bottom rail under the barrel nut area. Press in here and slide the bottom rail off the front.

A 5.56 round works well.

TangoSauce
09-23-12, 12:24
Unscrew any screws on the sides of the rail.

The detent is inside the small hole on the bottom rail under the barrel nut area. Press in here and slide the bottom rail off the front.

A 5.56 round works well.

Yeah man, thanks! That should have been obvious in hindsight, lol. Bottom rail popped off super easy.

JasonM
09-23-12, 12:29
Yeah man, thanks! That should have been obvious in hindsight, lol. Bottom rail popped off super easy.

Awesome, good luck!