PDA

View Full Version : *MAGPUL* - Thank you

USMC03
12-20-07, 20:08
This is long over due.

In September of this year I hosted Larry Vickers in Colorado for a Pistol / Carbine course.

Drake Clark and Mike from Magpul attended the class. I have trained with Drake in the past and knew him before he started working for Magpul. Drake is a solid shooter and an all around good dude. This was the first time I had met Mike, great guy.

At the begining of Larry Vickers' carbine class Drake and Mike gave (free of charge) each student in the class (3) brand new Magpul P-Mags. At the end of the last day of training the Magpul guys pull out a box filled with Magpul P-MAGS, Magpul MIAD grips, Magpul rail covers, Magpul enhanced followers, and other assorted Magpul gear and let the students take what they wanted until the box was empty.

I think it speaks volumes that Magpul Industries sends it's employees to training classes. Training classes are a great way to find out what gear works, what doesn't work, and a good venue to come up with new ideas.

Richard Fitzpatrick, Drake Clark, and all the fine Americans working for Magpul....Thank you for your generosity and support!!! It's greatly appriciated.

I look forward to training with the Magpul crew in the future and to the awesome designs that will continue to come out of Magpul Industries.

Happy Holidays

Semper Fi,
Jeff

SHIVAN
12-20-07, 20:12
Magpul, thanks for being Magpul!!

Thanks for bringing to the market your great energy and a great set of products!!

Bulldog1967
12-20-07, 20:37
And this is yet one of the MANY reasons I will continue to buy Magpul products! :D

Cold Zero
12-20-07, 21:02
Wow, what a nice story. Thanks for posting.

Magpul is a quality co. that is a pleasure to deal with.

ptm76
12-20-07, 21:12
Thats awesome. From what I've seen in the way they respond to the consumer, Magpul will be a company that will be around for a very long time.

Paulinski
12-20-07, 21:19
Magpul is indeed awesome company. :p

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 21:25
Not to take anything away from Magpul but it's like LaRue does as well- you have to give the goods away to certain people- especially the people who are watched like a hawk, listened to and imitated by everyone else.

It's like this in every industry but I do like the firearms industry the best and Magpoul is at the top.

Robb Jensen
12-20-07, 21:28
Thanks Magpul. I've been extremely happy with the Magpul stuff I used and bought. I like it that Magpul is constantly innovating and improving it's products.

Azrael2004
12-20-07, 21:54
I've got to say not only am I happy with the Magpul products I own, but their customer service is outstanding.
The time they spend in various forums and the attention they give to the people that use the products is incredible.
Very few companies go the extra mile to listen to their customers like Magpul does.

sdcromer
12-20-07, 22:00
I have always been satisfied with Magpul products. Today I received the replacement mag body and follower for the first gen Pmag that I bought way back in the beginning. Not many companies would go the extra mile like Magpul.

Good form!!!

GastonG-NoVa
12-20-07, 22:01
I have heard of their customer service, but I have never had to deal with them................because all of their stuff works!!

I am very impressed with the P-mags. It looks like my dept. is going to transition to them....with windows, so you can see if the last guy left you some bullets:mad:

NickB
12-21-07, 00:36
I think it speaks volumes that Magpul Industries sends it's employees to training classes. Training classes are a great way to find out what gear works, what doesn't work, and a good venue to come up with new ideas.

Jeff, I completely agree. A couple weeks after I met the Magpul guys last year, Richard flew Chris (guy on FutureWeapons tonight) out to instruct a two-day class. I showed up to take some photos and video, and maybe a learn a little by watching. Instead, they rummaged through their spare gear and loaded me up with a vest, AR, mags full of their ammo, .45 ammo for my pistol, and had me run the class with them. I was blown away...that's just how those guys work.

There are a lot of very good people and companies in this business. I don't know that I've ever encountered another industry so full of people willing to bend over backwards to help a stranger.

ROSS4712
12-21-07, 01:07
Yeah thank you very much "Pretty Boy"

KevinB
12-21-07, 01:19
If any company can give lessons in Customer satisfaction its Magpul.

From Pre 9/11 of Rich patiently trying to explain to me why a Magpul was better than limp dick paracord - to utterly bailing me out on the fiasco with the FedEx stolen M93 Prototypes, to getting my unti a bunch of shit for Afghan - and to helping out with many many more things - both while i was in and then contracting.

I can go on and on with countless demostrations but quite honestly guys would think I was a paid shill :p

I owe a night out (or at least dinner one night to them at SHOT) for the great help they have been over the years.

Hawkeye
12-21-07, 06:03
Good bunch, no doubt about it. There is one guy though....... he's a little shifty.

markm
12-21-07, 07:51
This is why I have been a Die Hard Magpuller from DAY 1! :p

Kurt Reifert
12-21-07, 09:15
Not only are they good to the buying public, they are also good to their dealers.
This can't be said for many of the companies I deal with.

DrMark
12-21-07, 09:19
This is why I have been a Die Hard Magpuller from DAY 1! :p

That's funny.

Ya know, the fact that they won over markm speaks volumes.

Magpul is good stuff.

markm
12-21-07, 09:43
Ya know, the fact that they won over markm speaks volumes.

Magpul is good stuff.

That's what I say. I figger I'm one of their best testimonials.:cool:

DrDrake
12-21-07, 11:41
Good bunch, no doubt about it. There is one guy though....... he's a little shifty.

Oh who could you mean? Care to elaborate?;)

Thanks Jeff for all of the hard work you do to bring quality training to Colorado. Be safe Bro.

SuicideHz
12-21-07, 16:11
Shady is different than mean. I know plenty of guys known as "nice guys" that are slicker than snail snot at weaseling out of work and pulling the wool over people's eyes.

Anyway, yeah, I may be wrong in comparing Magpul the company I compared them to earlier- not that LT is bad, but Magpul is that much better. I never bought into the actual Magpuls when they were first out but I was on ARF when Richard first threw out the idea of the MIAD.

I also told him I had an idea for a VFG and he was open to any and all suggestions- stating that the direction I was going was the direction he wanted to go. But, I never took it any farther and now they don't take outside ideas...

Joe Mamma
12-21-07, 17:03
At the begining of Larry Vickers' carbine class Drake and Mike gave (free of charge) each student in the class (3) brand new Magpul P-Mags. At the end of the last day of training the Magpul guys pull out a box filled with Magpul P-MAGS, Magpul MIAD grips, Magpul rail covers, Magpul enhanced followers, and other assorted Magpul gear and let the students take what they wanted until the box was empty.

I need to start hanging out with you dude! :D

I've always heard great things about Magpul and own some of their products. But, I'm still holding off on getting any P-Mags. I'm one of those people that is skeptical of new things that are supposed to the greatest thing ever, etc. . . . like the H&K steel mags that everyone loved at first. I'm glad I didn't waste any time or money on those.

Joe Mamma

ptm76
12-21-07, 18:31
I need to start hanging out with you dude! :D

I've always heard great things about Magpul and own some of their products. But, I'm still holding off on getting any P-Mags. I'm one of those people that is skeptical of new things that are supposed to the greatest thing ever, etc. . . . like the H&K steel mags that everyone loved at first. I'm glad I didn't waste any time or money on those.

Joe Mamma

PMags really are that good. Better than anything out there that I've tried. I've stepped on many a metal mag by accident. Its my biggest goof, but the PMags withstand a drop or stomp better than my other mags.

Thermodyn
12-21-07, 22:59
Well, I'm new to Magpul. Just bought my first three P-mags from Grant. One for me and the other two for Christmas gifts. I may be in the market for a MIAD soon as well.

All I can say is, for the most part, I couldn't care less if a company makes the best quality stuff if they treat me like crap. I can understand that anything in this mortal coil made by humans will ultimately fail or be flawed in some way. What I have a hard time with, is a company that doesn't stand behind their products when they make the inevitable mistake.

Magpul knows what they are doing. They are building equity. They are going way above and beyond what others in their industry consider acceptable business practices. They are knocking the ball out of the park by taking care of their customers, and surprising them with an unexpectedly high level of quality, service and generosity. An unbeatable combination. It's the age old Biblical concept of going the extra mile. That kind of reputation spreads like wildfire and creates a following so loyal, so fiercely committed, that their customers will stick with them through thick and thin. Since I brought up the Bible, there must have been something about the way Jesus treated people that caused Christianity to spread like wildfire in those first few centuries. Something about Jesus drove people to claim his name in the face of some of the worst persecution Rome could dish out. 2000 years later, still...fierce loyalty!

Every company experiences growing pains and releases a product that can have teething issues. With a reputation for keeping people happy, Magpul will weather the storms and stay in business for the long haul. People will stick with them. Many a company has started out this way, only to grow and change the way it does business. That is when they lose people. Once they start down the road of not taking care of people, that reputation is very difficult to restore. Without naming names, a national home improvement chain is currently in this very predicament.

Keep it up Magpul. Keep listening to your customer base, keep taking ownership of your products and keep exceeding our expectations and there will always be bread on your table. This is the stuff of empire building.

Oh, and this P-mag is NICE btw!:D

markm
12-22-07, 09:46
I couldn't care less if a company makes the best quality stuff if they treat me like crap.

I'm the opposite! I don't care if a companys calls me an asshole as long as I'm getting the best possible product.

USMC03
12-22-07, 10:01
I'm the opposite! I don't care if a companys calls me an asshole as long as I'm getting the best possible product.

When I buy gear, I'm paying for performance, not personality.

The thing that makes Magpul great is they make and outstanding product and their customer service is second to none.

-Jeff

Thermodyn
12-22-07, 10:40

That's cool, except I don't think you are the opposite of me necessarily, since I'm not saying I will run crap gear from anyone as long as they treat me well. That's why I qualified the statement with "for the most part".

Primarily, in todays marketplace, you really need to have both quality and service in order to succeed. There is too much competition. If you lack either, consumers will quickly move on as there are plenty of astute sellers/manufacturers that will step in and fill the vacuum. Of course, I suppose there could be situations where there are no quality alternatives, except from "asshole" sellers. When lives are on the line, I agree, you've got to go with top quality. But it'll only be a matter of time until another company rises to meet the need.

Thankfully, Magpul exhibits both quality and service.

KevinB
12-22-07, 11:12
When I buy gear, I'm paying for performance, not personality.

The thing that makes Magpul great is they make and outstanding product and their customer service is second to none.

-Jeff

DITTO

CRSBAR
12-24-07, 12:36
I SECOND THIS! I spoke with Drake at Magpul several months ago about a SWAT team in upstate New York who was in desperate need of magazines. Their department would not come up with the money to buy them new magazines for their M4 carbines. So most of their magazines were Gulf War 1 era and mags guys swiped from their reserve unit. Magpul without hesitation sent they a good quantity free of charge. This was not only providing them with proper equipment to do their jobs but a major boost in morale. This showed these guys that what they put on the line was appreciated. This also showed that Magpul was out to help the guys and it was not just about the bottom line. They care about our troops and police, even when the agencies don't. This is a real testament to the type of people and philosophy of Magpul. As a rule in my experience, most of the reputable manufacturers truly care about the professionals who use their products and will step up to professionals in need, but Magpul went way above and beyond the call of duty.

This is not all! I taught some classes for a National Guard Infantry unit being deployed to Afghanistan. Like many military units, their magazine supply was old and god knows saw Gulf War 1. They were not given new magazines prior to deployment. I had looked over their weapons as well as their magazines and saw the situation was quite serious. The troops had no reason to believe they would get resupplied new magazines prior to deployment. Now we know, they were not. They have been in country for more than 2 months now. Magpul donated 500 magazines to this Infantry unit! These troops are engaged in daily operations in combat. They have reported back how great these magazines are and nobody has experienced any failures of any kind. Once again this shows the integrity of Magpul

All I can say is thank you. You truly make a difference in the lives of our cops and troops.

gyp_c2
12-24-07, 18:07
...Merry Christmas...
At the Pueblo LAV Pistol/Carbine courses in September!
I was really surprised to get all the free boot the day of the Carbine class...We all looked like kids in a candy store!
Great stuff too, MagPuls, MIAD, followers, and PMAGS!
Like a mini-Christmas party for 20 or so...with weapons...
hosted by Jeff, taught by LAV and gear by Team Magpul...geez...
...guys could shoot too...;)
If you have open class next time, I'm there!
Thanks again for a great time guys!http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif

gyp_c2 aka "Colorado Slim"

coldblue
12-25-07, 16:02
AND!...they make my all time favorite Capt. Jack T-Shirt!
I mean, talk about a babe magnet!

USMC03
05-21-08, 17:39
I was thinking about starting another thread, but figured I would just update this thread for others who may have not seen the first thread from last year.

This past weekend I hosted Pat Rogers ( www.eagtactical.com ) for a 3 day Carbine Operators Course. Unfortunately none of the Magpul crew was there (as they have been to several training classes in the past).

After sign in each student recieve a free Magpul P-MAG complements of Mapul Corp.

I would like to give a big THANKS to Rich Fitzpatrick, Drake Clark, and the awesome crew at Magpul Corp. for supporting the shooting sports and training in general. What an awesome company and an awesome gesture. And this isn't the first class I've been to where each student received a complementary P-MAG.

The high mountain desert sand and dust got into everything. I didn't witness or hear of anyone having a problem with the Magpul P-MAGS.

I have been running P-MAGs exclusively since I first received a few in a training class last Sept.

I have used nothing but P-MAGs in the class and they were all numbered. I tried to run #1 - #6 as much as possible to see if I could get them to develop problems. I ran P-MAGs #1 - #6 for approximatley 90% of the class and didn't have a problem with any of the mags. The P-MAGs were constantly being dropped in the fine sand (reloads, etc), they were stepped on, and abused. I was impressed by the performance of the P-MAGs. As I was unloading my gear on Monday night at the end of class, I could hear dirt and debris that is still inside some of the mags:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Noveske%20N4/IMG_0642.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Noveske%20N4/IMG_0634.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0581.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0558.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0504.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0501.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0495.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0473.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0402.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0388.jpg

S/F,
Jeff

SecretNY
05-21-08, 22:26
Jeff thanks for the great pictures!

Magpul, thanks for the products and the best customer service I've ever experienced in any industry.

Keep up the great work.

JLM
05-22-08, 02:19
Kudos to Magpul! The key to any GOOD buisiness is Customer Service, especially not needing to use it.

On a side note: is that Pat rolling with a 416? Hrmmm....

Sandman751
05-22-08, 13:19
Magpul is a first class company staffed by some very nice and knowledgeable people. Thats for sure! I can't wait to get one of their lower receivers as soon as they come out.

Rich776
05-22-08, 13:20
Any Magpul courses coming up later this year? I would love to go to one.

RyanS
05-22-08, 13:24
Is it me, or does this look like Jim Zumbo?

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Pat%20Rogers%20May%202008/IMG_0504.jpg

markm
05-22-08, 13:35
As I was unloading my gear on Monday night at the end of class, I could hear dirt and debris that is still inside some of the mags

I had that happen to me in my last class. I shot Pmags 95% of the time. We use the DPS range out at Ben Avery a lot of the time. It has that peat gravel on the ground. :mad: That shit gets into everything that touches the ground. The pmags ran flawlessly.

UVvis
05-22-08, 13:42
Just to throw out another thanks to Magpul. It is really great to see companies that have a focus on more than just their products.

Jeff, in the picture of me I actually look somewhat competent. Normally I end up looking like a lost 12 year old with an inner ear infection... clueless, clumsy and uncoordinated.

ETA:

Jeff, I had one minor pmag issue. I had one that got heavily full of that dust/sand stuff (probably kicked it across the deck)and I couldn't seat the mag. Some generous beating dumped out about a pound of dirt and freed the rounds. Mag worked after that.

DrDrake
05-27-08, 11:10
GLad you all had fun at the class.

I was really bummed to have missed this one. I got stuck traveling out of town (Dallas) for business. I managed to squeeze in some range time, 3k rounds through a SAW M249 all through PMAG's!!

Thanks for all of the kind words and glad to hear everyone got the PMAG's. I really wish I copuld have made it. Looks like there were several fimiliar faces.

Cheers.

CarlosDJackal
05-27-08, 14:21
I just ordered a Magpul UBR despite my aversion to spending that much for a stock. The main reason I did so is because of the excellent Customer Service I have received from Eric of Magpul in dealing with my PMag issues.

Based on my experience, I know that the price tag is well worth it because it is for a great product that is backed-up by excellent Customer Service.

FWIW, the thread I created to share this information here on M4Carbine.net was locked before we came to a conclusion. IMHO, the moderator who did so did Magpul a great dis-service. I had requested that it be unlocked so that I can add in an update but I never did receive a reply.

ggardiner8
05-27-08, 21:22
Greetings !

I actually managed to break something from Magpul.. the cover for one of the pmags. It just kind of broke - honest. I emailed them pictures and they send out two replacements right away. Great service as always.

Rich776
05-27-08, 23:56
Is there a Magpul class sched? I really want to go to one.

skyugo
05-28-08, 00:07
I SECOND THIS! I spoke with Drake at Magpul several months ago about a SWAT team in upstate New York who was in desperate need of magazines. Their department would not come up with the money to buy them new magazines for their M4 carbines. So most of their magazines were Gulf War 1 era and mags guys swiped from their reserve unit. Magpul without hesitation sent they a good quantity free of charge. This was not only providing them with proper equipment to do their jobs but a major boost in morale. This showed these guys that what they put on the line was appreciated. This also showed that Magpul was out to help the guys and it was not just about the bottom line. They care about our troops and police, even when the agencies don't. This is a real testament to the type of people and philosophy of Magpul. As a rule in my experience, most of the reputable manufacturers truly care about the professionals who use their products and will step up to professionals in need, but Magpul went way above and beyond the call of duty.

This is not all! I taught some classes for a National Guard Infantry unit being deployed to Afghanistan. Like many military units, their magazine supply was old and god knows saw Gulf War 1. They were not given new magazines prior to deployment. I had looked over their weapons as well as their magazines and saw the situation was quite serious. The troops had no reason to believe they would get resupplied new magazines prior to deployment. Now we know, they were not. They have been in country for more than 2 months now. Magpul donated 500 magazines to this Infantry unit! These troops are engaged in daily operations in combat. They have reported back how great these magazines are and nobody has experienced any failures of any kind. Once again this shows the integrity of Magpul

All I can say is thank you. You truly make a difference in the lives of our cops and troops.

wow that's impressive. great commitment to the protectors of our society.

maybe politicians will take a look at who they'll be choking with future BS AWB type laws thanks to magpul's good deeds.