PDA

View Full Version : Dirty "peestola" (and a Froglube observation)

Animal_Mother556
02-10-12, 20:01
Okay the first pic is just for fun. It was the first time I had the M&P out and about....so I decided to break her in right. Functioned fine.
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k618/AnimalMother_556/100_1303.jpg

I have jumped on the Froglube bandwagon. Purely for documentation purposes, here are a couple of pics of my M&P after precisely 500 rounds of Wolf. Prior to this, it was cleaned to within an inch of it's life, and Froglube paste was applied (using the blow-dryer method...thanks for the free blow-dryer, mom).

My observation -- It is very "dirty". To me, it looks dirtier than 500 rounds. Having said that...it is very very smooth. There is no "gritty" or "sluggish" feel to it. When my Glock looks like this (lubed with other things)...it is gritty. Me likes the Froglube for now.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k618/AnimalMother_556/100_1454.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k618/AnimalMother_556/100_1458.jpg

Animal_Mother556
02-11-12, 17:46
Anyone have similar experiences with FL on a pistol? Different experiences?

m1a_scoutguy
02-11-12, 18:46
Wow,,I'll jump in !!! ;) I have been running it on my Colt 1911 Combat Elite with similar results !!! I am shooting Lead 230 Grn reloads with great results !! It surely is NOT as dirty as your M&P,,but the lead gets it pretty nasty !! I have been running 3/400 Rd's through it before cleanup and the "majority" of everything wipes right off,,pretty cool !!! The Lead does get in a few spots that need to be scraped/wiped a bit more,,,but over all I like it alot !!!!
I just cleaned and gave it the whole treatment last week,,,I shoot a Action Pistol League with it and go through a couple hundred Rd's every week,,so I'll do a couple Hundred Rd's or more and get back at ya !!! That should put me up around 5/600++ Rd's before I look at it again !!! I'll keep ya posted !!! :)

Kevin P
02-11-12, 19:11
I have never used frog lube. With that being said I have never seen a difference with any of the quality lubes. I like that it is non toxic like some of the other lubes and cleaners out there.

Microalign
02-11-12, 19:26
So what is the big deal about Frog lube anyhow? Looks like basically a grease replacement, only dry.

F-Trooper05
02-11-12, 22:07
Unless Slip2000 suddenly falls off the face of the Earth, I see no reason to experiment with this stuff (especially if that's what 500 rounds looks like).

Animal_Mother556
02-12-12, 07:44
I have not cleaned this pistol yet. I have 500 rounds of Aguila sitting in the basement, and I am going to run that next. I will try to post pics when I get around to shooting it.

Reference the Froglube...if you haven't tried it, it is hard for me to persuade you, and that is NOT what I am trying to do here...simply documenting my observations.

On a similar note...I applied FL to an AR bbl recently to see what it takes to burn it off. I couldn't do it. I had the bbl pretty hot (dumped six 30 round magazines as fast as possible). The FL was smokey, but it was still on there. I am not saying that it CAN'T be burnt off, but I couldn't do it with the limited ammo I had. With other lubes (CLP, G96, and the like) it would have been dry pretty quickly.

Froglube works for ME better than other things I have used, it smells great, and it's non-toxic. Just my observations.

Animal_Mother556
02-12-12, 07:47
Unless Slip2000 suddenly falls off the face of the Earth, I see no reason to experiment with this stuff (especially if that's what 500 rounds looks like).

The action does not FEEL like it looks (nasty and poopy). It is very very smooth. To me, it feels like a perfectly clean, well lubed M&P action. We shall see what the 1000 round mark brings...I will probably keep it dirty and try another 500 or 1000 after that.

Animal_Mother556
02-12-12, 07:50
So what is the big deal about Frog lube anyhow? Looks like basically a grease replacement, only dry.

It is not dry --

They make a liquid and a paste form of it. This pistol received the paste. The paste stays in paste form until heated a little bit (doesn't take much heat) then turns into a liquid...a liquid that pretty much stays where you put it. Then, it returns to paste when it cools.

An Undocumented Worker
02-12-12, 11:33

I used to use Slip 2000 ewl 30 on my CZ's. The slide/frame rails still dried out from carrying in a leather holster. The froglube prevents that from happening. Also all that smut you see in the pictures will wipe right off. There were parts of my pistols I had to use a bronze toothbrush on to get all the carbon off quickly when using the Slip. Now just a rag takes care of it.

Littlelebowski
02-12-12, 12:05

He over applied it but if Slip works for you, rock on.

Animal_Mother556
02-12-12, 15:50
He over applied it but if Slip works for you, rock on.

You mean I over-applied the FL? You may be right, but to me, it just looked like a normal coating of lube. Maybe I will try going a little more sparingly on other applications.