PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota training opportunities?

helothar
02-11-12, 11:06
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone knows about any training opportunities coming up this summer in Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin.

Mr blasty
02-11-12, 11:59
I'm also interested as well.

infantryman
02-11-12, 17:45
have you guys heard of defensive edge and SLR-15? Sully runs quality classes. I have taken many of his.

Mr blasty
02-11-12, 18:32
have you guys heard of defensive edge and SLR-15? Sully runs quality classes. I have taken many of his.

I have not heard of them. Got a link?

Huldra128
02-11-12, 19:25
Hey guys.....I have hosted courses up here in Brainerd since fall of 2009 with Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts, Larry Vickers and Louis Awerbuck of Yavapai Firearms Academy. Gonzales will be up here in October(www.tridentconcepts.com). Awerbuck will be back this August(yavapaifirearmsacademy.com). Tricon is a 3 day carbine course(2000 rds) and Awerbucks will be a 3 day pistol(700 rds). I will be handling registration on the pistol course. Cost on the pistol course will be $600. That includes a range fee. I don't have all the details worked out yet. I do have a listed started. If you are interested send me a private message and Ill send you my email and phone number.

Thanks,

Mike

Huldra128
02-11-12, 19:36
Forgot to mention if you are looking for a 1 day basic pistol or carbine course a buddy of mine has his own training company up here in the Brainerd area. Class is usually about 6 hours and runs about $150. If interested make contact with him on here. He is Dave-HuldraArms. Timm Training is the company name. I work for him and we are both firearms instructors for the LE agencies that we work for and have attended training from the instructors in my previous post.

TH3180
02-11-12, 19:40
http://www.bluelinedefense.com/

Hmac
02-11-12, 20:09
Hey guys.....I have hosted courses up here in Brainerd since fall of 2009 with Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts, Larry Vickers and Louis Awerbuck of Yavapai Firearms Academy. Gonzales will be up here in October(www.tridentconcepts.com). Awerbuck will be back this August(yavapaifirearmsacademy.com). Tricon is a 3 day carbine course(2000 rds) and Awerbucks will be a 3 day pistol(700 rds). I will be handling registration on the pistol course. Cost on the pistol course will be $600. That includes a range fee. I don't have all the details worked out yet. I do have a listed started. If you are interested send me a private message and Ill send you my email and phone number.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike. Put me down for Louis' course, huh? Not sure about TriCon. Which course is it going to be?

panzerr
02-12-12, 07:34
http://www.combatfocusshooting.com/

Jeff Mullenmeister is running a few CFS courses in Pine Island. I took one of his courses last fall. He is a good egg and a fully competent instructor.

I've been interested in taking one of Sully's classes for a while now but the date just haven't work out. It seems like he spends most of his time teaching armorer's courses.

My brother's department has send him to TRICON/Gonzales carbines courses in Brainderd the last two years. He has nothing but good to say about it date. I will be looking hard at this Octobers class if it fits into my schedule.

panzerr
02-12-12, 07:39
I have not heard of them. Got a link?

http://www.slr15rifles.com

For any of you in the metro area, the MN Horse and Hunt club has a small short rifle, long rifle and pistol range on their grounds. Membership is $350/year, but when you are out there there is typically nobody around and you can do whatever the crap you want without anyone breathing down your neck.

If you are in the Bemidji area I can get you in touch with some shooters. My family has a small but private range including a 500 meter long rifle which we run informal training on a few times a year.

Huldra128
02-12-12, 09:19
Hmac,

Got you down already for the Awerbuck course.

Mike

Huldra128
02-12-12, 09:23
Hmac,

Got you down already for the Awerbuck course. Do you know if Mark and Tim are interested in it again? I have 16 people down already and only room for 20. Tricon will be the Combative Carbine 2.

Mike

Hmac
02-12-12, 11:07
Hmac,

Got you down already for the Awerbuck course. Do you know if Mark and Tim are interested in it again? I have 16 people down already and only room for 20. Tricon will be the Combative Carbine 2.

Mike

I emailed them. I'll re-email and express the time frame. What are the dates of the Awerbuck course?

helothar
02-12-12, 13:49
Pm sent regarding the Awerbuck course

Huldra128
02-12-12, 19:53
Hmac,

First week in August. If you go to YFA site you'll see a time frame that is reserved. It will be that one.

Huldra128
02-12-12, 19:55
Helothar,

Who did you send the PM to? If it was me I did not get it.

Dave-HuldraArms
02-13-12, 23:42
I also posted in the MN Shooters thread but we (my training firm - not Huldra Arms) have several classes scheduled in the Brainerd area. Classes include handgun (practical combat style shooting) and AR training. These classes ranges from one day classes to smaller units broken down in to 3 hour blocks on weekday nights, we also set up private training to small groups or individuals on various topics, basic to more intense higher level or focused training.

Classes right now are based out of Brainerd, MN but we can travel for a group if you have a suitable location. Also in the future, Mills Fleet Farm is opening an indoor range in Brainerd area. This will be a state of the art facility and several training opportunities will be occurring there.

While some of the AR training is sponsored by Huldra/Fleet Farm, they give some prizes and swag, NONE of the classes require a certain brand or type of firearm. Bring what you have, if you want to try something loaners will be available.

Thanks,
Dave

Hmac
02-14-12, 07:11
Dave, please put me on your mailing list for courses.

helothar
02-14-12, 12:33
Helothar,

Who did you send the PM to? If it was me I did not get it.

Sent you another pm, did you receive it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Shokr21
02-14-12, 12:55
While I'm a bit south, live by the intersection of i35 and i80, I'm pretty interested in this thread. Controlled Chaos Arms is based about 30-45 miles from home for me.

I'd be really interested to hear training options available nearby.

panzerr
02-14-12, 17:13
m4c training meet?

Just say'n

pakieser
02-14-12, 17:29
Nice to see a demand for quality training in Minnesota!

Some info about us and our classes:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=98383

We are doing classes all summer at Ahlman's in Morristown: handgun, rifle, shotgun, low-light, and others.

We're looking to grow, so we are offering our training at a very competitive price.

If you have a range, we can come to you. Contact me for details.

Erik Pakieser

erik@qsitraining.net
(612) 702-5517

Dave-HuldraArms
02-15-12, 01:15
Dave, please put me on your mailing list for courses.

You got it Hmac, it would be great to have you back. I still want to make some holsters too!

Thanks,
Dave

8mmMauser
02-17-12, 13:10

Defensive Edge is great. I've been taking course from DE since 09 and still look forward to further training with them.

Huldra128
03-10-12, 15:25
Hey guys,

I got 2 maybe 3 slots open yet. If your interested and want to sign up go to timmtraining.com and just look for the registration. There is also a page with the description of the course. Thanks.

Mike

I can be reached at mike@timmtraining.com

panzerr
04-08-12, 22:33
Has anyone trained with these guys:

http://www.mnfirearms.com/

I met Mike Briggs briefly today at the range and he seemed like a stand-up guy.

Huldra128
04-30-12, 09:21
October 9th, 10th and 11th I will be hosting a 3 day carbine course put on by Trident Concepts. It will be held in Breezy Point, MN. About 20 mins north of Brainerd/Baxter.

For registration and complete details/required equipment go to www.tridentconcepts.com.

Cost is $597 plus a $50 range fee(payable at the time of class).

This will be Tricons 4th trip up here and has been a success each time.

Feel free to message me for any questions or details(directions/hotel info).

Huldra128
08-20-12, 09:08
Dates on the above course have changed to September 28th, 29th and 30th.

pakieser
08-20-12, 10:10
QSI will be offering our Defensive Rifle class on Saturday, October 20 in Morristown. Cost is $100/person.

We are also offering these classes:

MN Permit to Carry - Sept 8 - $120/person
Basic Defensive Handgun - Sept. 15 - $100/person
Advanced Close-Quarter Handgun - Oct. 6 - $100/person (prerequisites apply - contact us for details)

Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to sign up.

info@qsitraining.net
(612) 702-5517

Follow us on Facebook for more updates:
www.qsitraining.net

Dave-HuldraArms
09-19-12, 22:01
TriCon Combative Carbine 2 course is full.
Thanks guys!

pakieser
09-23-12, 15:52
Sorry posted by mistake

Huldra128
11-26-12, 11:20
Just a heads up on training that Dave and I will be sponsoring. We will be bringing Louis Awerbuck (Yavapai Firearms Academy) in this coming August for a 2 day shotgun course. Jeff Gonzales(Trident Concepts) will be back for a 3 day pistol course in late September or Early October. I am still waiting on exact dates but will keep everyone posted.

I have also sent an email to Jason Falla of Redback One for a carbine course. Waiting to hear back on that. If we can't get a carbine course going we may switch the shotgun course for a carbine course. Awerbuck would instruct that one.

Thanks,

Mike

Hmac
11-26-12, 12:14
Sounds good Mike. I'd definitely be in for the pistol course and the carbine course.

Any word on training plans over the winter at Fleet Farm? Stewart also mentioned some kind of action pistol league?

helothar
11-26-12, 16:11
Looking forward to Timm Training Summer/Fall 2013 classes!

Huldra128
11-27-12, 10:34
Hmac,

Haven't much for plans yet at Fleet. We have a meeting of the minds on the 10th of December. Ill know more then. I m going to a combat medical type course next week there. Looking forward to doing that.

Ill keep you posted.

Hank6046
02-20-14, 20:00
Opening this back up to see if everyone was still doing training for summer 2014, I would love to take a Carbine or Handgun course and probably have a buddy or two I could drag along. Saw the DE page and the Timm Training web pages but would like to know dates if any.

pakieser
02-22-14, 16:08
QSI will be doing a number of classes this Summer. Our first Defensive Rifle class will be on 3/31.

www.qsitraining.net

Huldra128
03-12-14, 09:57
We will be hosting Louis Awerbuck in August on the 1-3 for a 3 day carbine course. Cost is $650. it will be held north of Brainerd in the Pequot Lakes area. Go to timmtraining.com. We are currently reconstructing the site but will have our schedule up soon. You can email me at mike@timmtraining.com.

Dave-HuldraArms
03-20-14, 14:35
Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce our 2014 initial classes and schedule. This year is already getting busy with private classes, agency/departent trainings, and corporate classes. This will be a great year of training and we have some great classes for this year.

All of the classes are in the Brainerd Area, please see our website for more information on each class and to register. In the past the classes have filled up, please register soon to reserve your spot.
http://timmtraining.com/index.html

Basic AR15 User Course - 1 Day, April 26 - $150.00
This course is designed for a variety of users and offers challenges to everyone from a new user to shooters who have never had formal training courses. Whether someone is brand new to owning a rifle, doesn’t own a rifle, or has owned a rifle for years, this course can benefit everyone. This course is also an excellent preparation or introduction course for the student interested in continuing training.
http://timmtraining.com/training/basicar.html

Basic Pistol Course - 1 Day, May 10, 2014 - $150.00
This training is designed for the new shooter or the shooter that has limited experience with handguns and wants to obtain quality training in the use of a handgun. In this course the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship are introduced and used as the foundation for proficiency and accuracy with a handgun.
http://timmtraining.com/training/basicpistol.html

Carbine Level 1 Course - 2 Day, June 20-21, 2014 - $300.00
This is a comprehensive 16 hour course that is designed to establish a strong, efficient fundamental skill set when using a carbine. Whether for Law Enforcement, Personal Defense, Competition, or Target Shooting the foundation of effective accuracy is a solid understanding and delivery of the core fundamentals. The course will cover safe and proper carbine handling, ballistics, gear/carbine maintenance and prep, fundamentals of marksmanship, carbine manipulation and more.
http://timmtraining.com/training/carbine1.html

Carbine Course with Louis Awerbuck - 3 Day, August 1-3 - $650.00
We are proud to host premier firearms trainer Louis Awerbuck for Tactical Rifle/Carbine in the Brainerd, MN area. This course is designed for quick, accurate, close-range shooting as opposed to precision sniper shooting. Topics include loading and unloading, shooting from several ready positions and various tactical body positions, use of the shooting sling, shooting on the move, moving targets, dim-light shooting (dependent on time of sundown and range restrictions), barricades, and transitions to a handgun.
http://timmtraining.com/training/hosted.html

Pistol Level 1 - 2 Day, September 13-14, 2014 - $300.00
This is a comprehensive 16 hour course that is designed to establish a strong, efficient fundamental skill set when using a pistol. Whether for Law Enforcement, Personal Defense, Competition, or Target Shooting the foundation of effective accuracy is a solid understanding and delivery of the core fundamentals. The elements of the course prioritize the emphasis on skills needed to present a pistol and obtain effective hits quickly and efficiently.
http://timmtraining.com/training/pistol1.html

For full class descriptions and to register please visit http://timmtraining.com/index.html

For some AARs of previous classes please see:
https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-135154.html

Any questions please let me know, we are happy to help. We look forward to training with you!

Mike & Dave

Timm Training & Consulting LLC

weez440
06-25-14, 18:53
hey dave i see you are from north central mn, i am in nw mn and was wondering if you guys plan on doing any training up north?

Dave-HuldraArms
06-25-14, 19:38
hey dave i see you are from north central mn, i am in nw mn and was wondering if you guys plan on doing any training up north?

Hi there,

We mainly run out of Brainerd but if you have a place and want to host we travel. We have some hosting options if that's something you're interested in, free slots etc.

We have an upcoming 2 day pistol course and had some courses already this year. With the recent sad news of Louie passing we are going to let those registered for his carbine course let us know what they want.

Shoot me an email from the website or call me and we can talk more if you're interested.

Thanks, Dave