PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a SR556e!

N8rfastback
02-11-12, 17:25
Well a few days ago I walked out of the worlds foremost outfitter with my first ruger.

I picked up 100 rounds of AE 55 gr. And bought a set of magpul mbuis sights and headed to the range to sight it in.

Its a great shooter so far. Piston system worked great, no issues.

In the next few weeks I'll be picking up a pistol grip to replace the standard one, as well as some sort of forward grip and light mount.

I'm not sure what to do for an optic yet, I wanna stick with something on the smaller side, maybe a reflex site or aimpoint.

Ill get the obligatory pics up soon.

Nate

Sent from Nates Droid X

The_War_Wagon
02-11-12, 17:36
So what posts here on M4C, SOLD you on the Ruger?

SteveL
02-11-12, 17:41
Who is the world's foremost outfitter that sold you the Ruger?

N8rfastback
02-11-12, 17:44
Well I can't say there was any research that sold me on the ruger. I was eyeballing an m&p 15ts, but decided to go with the piston gun over it, the ruger was several hundred cheaper as well.

Picked it up at cabelas.

Sent from Nates Droid X

d90king
02-11-12, 17:51
Nothing good will come of this thread. Please lock now.

N8rfastback
02-11-12, 17:51
Wow really? That much hate here for the ruger piston guns?

Sent from Nates Droid X

GunnutAF
02-11-12, 18:02
N8rfastback
Yep cause it's not a Colt ,DD, Nosverski, LMT,KAC you find zero love here! Enjoy your Ruger! :D

45auto
02-11-12, 18:04
IBTL. :sarcastic: (In Before The Lock) :dance3:

p22shooter30
02-11-12, 18:06
how much??

45auto
02-11-12, 18:07
..... the ruger was several hundred cheaper as well.

Picked it up at cabelas.

Sent from Nates Droid X
So, really not familiar with Cabelas pricing. What was the Ruger priced at?

tuck
02-11-12, 18:30

WTF is up with all of the "status update" threads lately?

DeltaSierra
02-11-12, 18:37
First, nobody cares who bought what...

Second, as someone that has first hand experience with the garbage that Ruger calls a rifle... I'm not kidding when I tell you to prepare to be underwhelmed....

pira114
02-11-12, 18:40
WTF is up with all of the "status update" threads lately?

It's a validation thing. If the cool kids say your new sneakers are cool, then you're somehow cooler now.

N8rfastback
02-11-12, 18:43
Rough crowd! I posted just to be part of the online community here and share my experience with how the ruger is gonna hold up. Not trying to just waste internet space with statuses.

Cabelas has it priced around 1200. Not that I would pay that much.

If my post is useless and my experience with this rifle won't contribute at all to the community then by all means the mods can delete it.

I like the rifle, and I think its gonna serve me just fine.

Nate

Sent from Nates Droid X

DeltaSierra
02-11-12, 18:45
I like the rifle, and I think its gonna serve me just fine.

Nate

Good. I'm glad you are happy.

Now, when you have a few thousand rounds through it, please, let me know what exactly it does that a DI doesn't do. Oh, don't forget the best part - let me know how many issues you had with it that you wouldn't have had with a DI.....

wetidlerjr
02-11-12, 18:46
Maybe this thread should be moved to "General Discussion" which would result in all concerned being pleased. :dirol:

TacCommE21
02-11-12, 18:47
First, nobody cares who bought what...

I'm not kidding when I tell you to prepare to be underwhelmed....

Can you be underwhelmed if you do not know any better?:no:

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-11-12, 18:50
OMG its happing again :suicide2:

Scorpion
02-11-12, 18:50
Is this your first AR? What are you using it for? Defense, the range, general purpose?

Read the technical threads here and put a lot of rounds through it.

N8rfastback
02-11-12, 19:46
This is not my first AR. It is my first piston one though. Itll be used as a home defense gun and general fun gun at the range.

If it wears horribly or I have issues Ill be sure to follow up here, that what forums are for right?

Nate

Sent from Nates Droid X

Belmont31R
02-11-12, 19:54
Well I can't say there was any research that sold me on the ruger. I was eyeballing an m&p 15ts, but decided to go with the piston gun over it, the ruger was several hundred cheaper as well.

Picked it up at cabelas.

Sent from Nates Droid X

Well this isn't FB, and Im guessing if you are not going to post any information about the gun other than you bought it a quick comment and a picture in the pic thread would do you better.

Generally, when you post new guns outside of already established threads, there should be a good reason for it. A write up, some evaluation, some pictures, features that make it unique, something other than I bought this gun and its cool.

Not trying to be a dick but thats why you got the response you did. No one here, really, wants the forum filled with 'I bought a gun' threads with no other information. We all buy guns.