PDA

View Full Version : Surefire 60 rd magazines with rebate!!

hotrodder636
02-11-12, 18:05
For those of you who happen t be fortunate enough to have a Gander Mountain Sports near you, they have the 60 round Surefire magazines for $129.00 with a $30 mail in rebate, not too bad of a price if you ask me based on what I have seen them for everywhere...:D
It is for today and tomorrow....would've posted sooner but just got back from Atlanta.

hotrodder636
02-11-12, 18:45
I would also like them to be cheaper, but if you think about the fact that they are longer, wider and have a larger spring, bigger base-plate and the follower has to work on the double stack and the quad stack portion, really you are paying for not only the capacity but the engineering for it as well.

Gun
02-11-12, 18:49
What's the advantage of having 60 rds (loaded) in one mag for 129 bucks
versus 300 rds (loaded) in ten mags for 109 bucks?

em_twofourzero
02-11-12, 18:53
BFD. Bravo Co's listed price is $90.30.

If you don't/can't see the need for it, then just don't buy freakin' thing.

hotrodder636
02-11-12, 18:56

Why can someone go buy a Ferrari for $250k+ when you can go buy a Kia for $12k? They both have 4 wheels and an engine and get you from point A to point B. It's what you are willing to spend your bucks on, plus I am sure the guys defending our country would feel that having 60 continuous rounds without a reload might be a benefit vs 30 then a reload (I don't know about this, you would have to ask them). Point is if you don't want it, don't buy the damned thing.

Grip
02-11-12, 18:58

+1 to Zero advantage

Gun
02-11-12, 18:59
Why can someone go buy a Ferrari for $250k+ when you can go buy a Kia for $12k? They both have 4 wheels and an engine and get you from point A to point B. It's what you are willing to spend your bucks on, plus I am sure the guys defending our country would feel that having 60 continuous rounds without a reload might be a benefit vs 30 then a reload (I don't know about this, you would have to ask them). Point is if you don't want it, don't buy the damned thing.

So in a convoluted way, you are saying that there is no advantage.

hotrodder636
02-11-12, 19:06
So in a convoluted way, you are saying that there is no advantage.

I am saying that personally with the exception of reloading magazines half as often, for me they really don't have a significant benefit. However I can see the higher continous fire in a fire-fight as a benefit. Otherwise it is a luxury-type item and if you can afford it, then go for it dude. I was just informing people that there was a rebate not trying to get into a pros vs cons thread.

Suwannee Tim
02-11-12, 19:14
Nice. I would buy one if they were cheaper. I mean the maximum amount they should cost is double the standard 30 rd mag or even cheaper IMHO. :jester:

There is a lot more to these magazines than a 20 or 30 round mag. Two springs, two followers, a divider plate, a base plate, metal forming is a lot more complex. I don't think the price is out of line. Especially as they have engineering and tooling costs to amortize.

devinsdad
02-11-12, 19:33
The 60-rd mag would be fine if you were holed up somewhere and not running around. The rifle weighs too much at that point and off hand shots are more difficult. 30 Is fine for a mobil platform such as the AR. The Surefire mags are made for the USMC IAR...maybe not directly, but sure have a ready made home in there.

seb5
02-11-12, 19:59
I bought one last year and have used it for some SWAT training and while attending a Trident Concepts class. It ran just fine. It is simply another type of tool, if it appeals to you buy one, if not don't. There is a lot of engineering that obviously went into the development of this magazine. For me it was worth the entry fee just to try one out. I did and it lives in the gun safe. I'm not sure if I'll ever use it for anything more serious than punching paper. Domestic law enforcement around here doesn't generally have a need for 60 rounds on tap. I generally roll with a total of 4 mags. I've considered only carrying 2 spares and using the Surefire as the loaded magazine or even just using a 30 and carrying the 60 as a backup but haven't done it yet. I've carried a 20 in the rifle and 30's for back ups for maybe a dozen years and never felt like I needed more but did feel like I had too many on numerous long call outs.

trinydex
02-11-12, 21:32

sometimes the one reload costs too much....

sinlessorrow
02-11-12, 21:57
There is a lot more to these magazines than a 20 or 30 round mag. Two springs, two followers, a divider plate, a base plate, metal forming is a lot more complex. I don't think the price is out of line. Especially as they have engineering and tooling costs to amortize.

so it should cost $60 bucks max right?

i dont see what makes this magazine $110 better than a standard 30rnd

Iraqgunz
02-11-12, 22:37
This is closed because people decided to piss about. If you don't want their magazines, don't buy them. It's as simple as that.