PDA

View Full Version : PRI Gas Buster + LMT Stock; Really Quick Question

BushmasterFanBoy
12-21-07, 05:58
I know this sounds stupid, but will a PRI Gas Buster charging handle clear an LMT SOPMOD stock?

Thanks for the quick info!

Robb Jensen
12-21-07, 06:53
I know this sounds stupid, but will a PRI Gas Buster charging handle clear an LMT SOPMOD stock?

Thanks for the quick info!

It'll work just fine.

KevinB
12-21-07, 07:31
Keep in mind as well, some LOWERS have a raised portion but the receiver extension and make the GasBuster a no go (try sorting Diemaco lowers for this one day :mad: )

Robb Jensen
12-21-07, 07:38
Keep in mind as well, some LOWERS have a raised portion but the receiver extension and make the GasBuster a no go (try sorting Diemaco lowers for this one day :mad: )

Strange. It's it like they beefed it up in that area even more than the Colt A2 reinforcements?

rob_s
12-21-07, 07:40
Not specific to the LMT stock, however...

I have found that I need to trip the top leading edge of the Vltor stocks to get the Gasbuster to reliably cycle. In a class last year I was having the GB hit the lip on the top front of the Vltor where there is a little ridge. I have since taken a knife/file/dremel to all of my Vltor stocks and gotten rid of this lip.

You can see the lip in this photo (http://vltor.com/images/ACB-2S_Large.jpg)

The LMT does not have this lip, but you should still triple-check it for clearance once you have everything assembled.

KevinB
12-21-07, 07:54
Strange. It's it like they beefed it up in that area even more than the Colt A2 reinforcements?

More like where not aware it was a critical dimension...

Some where GTG - some would not allow the rear take down pin to close...

BushmasterFanBoy
12-21-07, 09:01

Would a run of them mill Bushmaster lower have any problems?

KevinB
12-21-07, 11:06
I've never had a problem with the two Bushy lowers I have.

I would say its probable a non issue on most lowers.

Diemaco corrected their little oversight on that issue - and other than 80% lowers and some of the garbage lowers out there I would not worry about it. Worst case it does not fit - you can flog it and get a Big Latch with a normal handle -- or replace the lower.

I brought it up more as UFI point.

Robb Jensen
12-21-07, 11:50
More like where not aware it was a critical dimension...

Some where GTG - some would not allow the rear take down pin to close...

Sounds like that to me too. I guess the Gas Buster CH was running into the lower at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock where the GB CH overhangs the lower? Or at the top if the top flat spot was far too wide side-to-side?

KevinB
12-21-07, 13:15
Yup 10 and 2'