PDA

View Full Version : How many versions are there of the Vickers BFG sling?

rob_s
12-21-07, 07:44
I recently ordered on from Brownells, and it has the buckle at the rear of the sling as opposed to the front. I also see versions with a higher-strength buckle, versions with QD pushbuttons sewn in, etc.

Just how many different versions are out there?

Here's the two I have (which actually appear to be the same sling, they just came packaged with the buckle at opposite ends)

Ordered from Brownells
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/IMG_2569Medium.jpg

Ordered direct from BFG
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/6933-01.jpg

KevinB
12-21-07, 08:01
4, I think

Grant has one with the KAC QD swivels sewn in (maximises adjustment length and gets rid of the fastex) [which I have switched most of mine over too]

Cobra buckled one

and your "two" variants on the theme.

M4Guru
12-21-07, 11:05
The fastex was put at the back due to end-user feedback, but as Rob said the sling wasn't modified, they just threaded the buckle onto the back. I have a sniper variant that is pretty great as well but I don't know of the plans for it's release (or if it will be released).

KevinB
12-21-07, 13:18
M4Guru -- the padded one or?

LAV demo'd a proto of his padded VCAS - with the production to have less padding.

So I guess now 4-5 depending upon ones take

M4Guru
12-21-07, 13:34
It was made of an extra stiff webbing for use as as shooting sling and had no fastex, and was longer to fit a sniper rifle as well as armor.

KevinB
12-21-07, 16:28
Interesting...

SuicideHz
12-21-07, 16:36
Mine is free at both ends- came with a fastex on one end- front IIRC and QD on rear.

Kisara
12-21-07, 17:47
The cobra version on my SLR106 is made with wider webbing than the standard webbing, and the corresponding larger tri-glides are metal instead of plastic. Ranger green was an optional color, but is not in the standard VCAS.

knguye11
03-11-08, 16:01
I modified this to my liking

http://s154482980.onlinehome.us/photo/Sling/images/Sling1.jpg

USMC03
03-11-08, 20:23
Ummmmmmmm, that's a Vikings Tactics sling, not a Blue Force Gear Vickers (VCAS) sling.

Jay Cunningham
03-11-08, 20:42
Ummmmmmmm, that's a Vikings Tactics sling, not a Blue Force Gear Vickers (VCAS) sling.

LAV might take offense to that!

:p

lolz!!111

Sam
03-11-08, 20:48
So would SGM Kyle Lamb. :)

03humpalot
03-15-08, 14:09
Dont forget the Machine Gun version as well, which is the tits BTW

Raiden
04-07-08, 16:26
I just got my padded VCAS which, incidentally, doesn't quite look like the sling on the instructions sheet:

- no Fastex clip anywhere (!?)
- long strap section at the front of the padding with two buckles.
- short strap section at the stock end of the padded section with two buckles.
- overall it's about a foot longer than I expected it to be, not counting the extra 6" of strap at the front of the padded section that flops free after I get everything adjusted to what I believe is correct. I don't know if I have something adjusted wrong?

I need to find some photos of this thing in use. :o

Stephen_H
04-08-08, 06:30
-Standard VCAS(with multiple revisions)
-Cobra VCAS variant
-QD VCAS variant
-Victory VCAS series
-Padded VCAS
-SAW VCAS
-M240 VCAS (these last two will probably be rolled into one version)
-Sniper VCAS (prototype only)

CarlosDJackal
04-08-08, 10:17
How do you guys like the version which have the push-button QD sling? That's the first one I purchased but it drove me crazy because it would always twist on me.

Palmguy
04-08-08, 12:00
How do you guys like the version which have the push-button QD sling? That's the first one I purchased but it drove me crazy because it would always twist on me.

I've had mine twist on me a couple of times but I still prefer the QD version.

BushmasterFanBoy
04-08-08, 15:34

I plug into my LaRue rail so it keeps the sling in about a 45 degree rotation, for my stock end I still run it through and haven't tried using a QD rear attachment yet.

BlueForceGear
04-08-08, 18:18
-Cobra VCAS variant
-QD VCAS variant
-Victory VCAS series
-Padded VCAS
-SAW VCAS

You got pretty close, bro. In addition to your very complete list, there is a Vickers medic version currently released only in Canada and a dedicated AK version that only Grant has. Also, we have made another half dozen or so uncatalogued variants for units that had special requirements.

Cold Zero
04-08-08, 18:39
Can you tell us about the medic version and if it will be released here? Thanks.

C4IGrant
04-08-08, 19:05
-Cobra VCAS variant
-QD VCAS variant
-Victory VCAS series
-Padded VCAS
-SAW VCAS

Very good!

The only one you forgot I think is the padded VCAS with QD swivels.

C4

C4IGrant
04-08-08, 19:07

That version is superior to all the others. The reason why it twisted on you is because the connection points that you are using do not have a rotation limiters in them.

I must admit that I am biased to the sewn in QD swivel model because I am the one that asked BFG to make it. It is commonly referred to by Vickers as the "G&R" version. :)

C4

C4IGrant
04-08-08, 19:10
You got pretty close, bro. In addition to your very complete list, there is a Vickers medic version currently released only in Canada and a dedicated AK version that only Grant has. Also, we have made another half dozen or so uncatalogued variants for units that had special requirements.

The AK/G&R version kicks ass! :D

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BFG/AK%20sling%20mounted.jpg

Nathan_Bell
04-08-08, 19:39

Sorry, but I just had to.

losbronces
04-08-08, 20:03
Very good!

C4

So do you have them in stock now?

JSandi
04-08-08, 22:37
I modified this to my liking

http://s154482980.onlinehome.us/photo/Sling/images/Sling1.jpg

What sling is that?

Stretz Tactical Inc
04-09-08, 08:23
Medic version:

http://www.ctoms.ca/07/equipment/det..._id=104&show=1

C4IGrant
04-09-08, 09:07
So do you have them in stock now?

Yes.

C4

Cold Zero
04-09-08, 18:07
Grant, can you get a padded version of the medic sling? Thanks.

C4IGrant
04-10-08, 08:46

It does not sound like it.

C4

BlueForceGear
04-10-08, 18:17

By the very design of the Medic Version, it is impractical to pad.

Ashley

BlueForceGear
04-10-08, 18:19
Very good!

C4

Crap! I missed that one too!

ColtCCO
04-11-08, 18:24
That version is superior to all the others. The reason why it twisted on you is because the connection points that you are using do not have a rotation limiters in them.

I must admit that I am biased to the sewn in QD swivel model because I am the one that asked BFG to make it. It is commonly referred to by Vickers as the "G&R" version. :)

C4

Who makes a forward sling attachment point with a rotation limiter? Agree that twisted slings suck, need a forward QD swivel that doesn't swivel, I suppose.

C4IGrant
04-11-08, 18:45
Who makes a forward sling attachment point with a rotation limiter? Agree that twisted slings suck, need a forward QD swivel that doesn't swivel, I suppose.

Daniel Defense.

C4

ColtCCO
04-11-08, 18:56
Daniel Defense.

C4

Thanks - I ordered some this morning from DD for someone else and forgot to even ask. Looks like I'll be keeping one of the extras for myself.

toddackerman
04-16-08, 11:29

There is a specific DD Mount that won't allow twisting more than 45 degrees or so. That's for the front mount on a rail. Twisting on the rear at the stock or receiver plate has never been an issue for me with the QD version.

Lumpy196
05-23-08, 12:21
The AK/G&R version kicks ass! :D

C4

Have them in green or coyote? I'm not seeing them on your website.

C4IGrant
05-23-08, 12:58
Have them in green or coyote? I'm not seeing them on your website.

They are not up on the website. I do have them in Foliage.

C4

Lumpy196
05-23-08, 14:43
Out of stock on coyote or do they not exist?

C4IGrant
05-23-08, 14:45
Out of stock on coyote or do they not exist?

They exist, but we are just out of them.

C4

Lumpy196
05-23-08, 15:38
I'll check back with you ;)