PDA

View Full Version : first ar first build first post. psa wait times...

ausher
02-12-12, 14:23
New to this forum and ar's been working on building one for a year now. I already got my spikes lower built and currently waiting on my order from PSA.

I ordered a 16" chf mid upper and other varius parts. Put the order in on feb 1st. It says allow 10 days for your order to be shipped out. A shipping label was printed on the 3rd so hopefully it will be on its way monday.

I read a few horror stories on delayed orders and unable to contact psa problems. Hopefully it will go smooth.

snakedoc257
02-12-12, 14:31
I have also recently ordered from PSA. I have been pleased so far. I ordered Four Lowers from them on Black Friday and received them in about a week. I am pleased with the quality no issues so far.

Most recently I ordered a lower MOE plus parts kit, complete lower kit, and a wrench on Sunday, Feb. 5th, and I received them Friday on (10th).

I am now trying to decide what upper to go with.

Surf
02-12-12, 14:36
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your AR and your stay here. In the future you should take the below information to heart as there are many reasons why something may take longer than estimated. Also you went ahead and purchased knowing of potential issues. You really should wait for some type of outcome before making these type of posts.

- Wait and see if your order ships in a timely manner. Give some leeway in times.
- Contact manufacturer if there is an issue.
- Await a response and outcome from the manufacturer.

ausher
02-12-12, 15:25
Im fairly patience and not too worried about it, but cannot wait for it all to arrive. Im going with an od green theme. Moe stock, hand guard and grip with a vortex strikefire red dot.

MistWolf
02-12-12, 15:36
In my case, PSA responded quickly to PMs. I was very satisfied with the customer service received. The rules of the forum state that you are to contact the company and work out any issues with them and to wait to see how the issue is resolved before posting about them. I hope you get your order soon.

Please explain what your rifle be used for, what you expect from it and why you chose your configuration. It will make for a more interesting thread and fit the purpose of this forum.

Welcome to m4carbine!

ausher
02-12-12, 15:43
Hopefully it will be a reliable heavy duty range toy and worst case scenario shtf rifle. Mabey do a lil coyote hunting. I like to work on my guns and tinker with them. I figure it be a good base with however i want to go with it.

I heard good things with psa and vortex so i thought id give em a try. My main concern with the vortex is it may not be bright enough, but i read that they can send you a red only if one was to have problems with it. An aimpoint and a mount would of blown my budget.

purehavoc
02-12-12, 15:58
Be patient , they generate that UPS number so they know your order needs shipped , It may take up to 10 days before that number is actually trackable as it may not have actually been shipped yet . Average time is about 12 -14 days for delivery depending on how close you are to them