PDA

View Full Version : aimpoint micro lens size

canuck4570
12-21-07, 09:37
I would like to mount a aimpoint micro T1 on my TC katahdin rifle in 500 sw
and I would like to know if there is a big difference in lens size between the T1 and the comp m4.... does the micro give you a much lesser field of view.......
thank you....Michel

FJB
12-22-07, 01:39
Short answer is that the Micro Lens size is 28mm vice 30mm and when you shoot with both eyes open (as you should) there is not FOV reduction issue. As a matter of fact several very notable individuals, P.R. and J.G. express that they actually acquire the target/threat faster, thus shoot faster with a Micro over its larger brothers.

S/F

canuck4570
12-22-07, 15:03
Short answer is that the Micro Lens size is 28mm vice 30mm and when you shoot with both eyes open (as you should) there is not FOV reduction issue. As a matter of fact several very notable individuals, P.R. and J.G. express that they actually acquire the target/threat faster, thus shoot faster with a Micro over its larger brothers.

S/F

thank you FJB.... helpfull to me because here in Canada quite impossible to have one in your hand to look at and see if you like it....has far has recoild well after reading some treads it seems that this sight is quite ruged.... thanks again Michel...will keep in mind to shoot both eyes open....

FJB
12-23-07, 12:27
thank you FJB.... helpfull to me because here in Canada quite impossible to have one in your hand to look at and see if you like it....has far has recoild well after reading some treads it seems that this sight is quite ruged.... thanks again Michel...will keep in mind to shoot both eyes open....

Canuck,
It is very rugged and survives my throw it across the range and still retains zero demonstrations all the time. KevinB can attest to that.

S/F

Robb Jensen
12-23-07, 12:36

S/F

I've noticed that too, but just thought that it was because I have it about 2" further forward than my M2 was. I had a M2 on my RASII hump, and the T1 lives on a LaRue tall mount out on the back end of the rail.

Old way w/Aimpoint M2.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/confidence-1.jpg

New way with w/Aimpoint T1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/CDImotivator-1.jpg