PDA

View Full Version : My new DD V3 trigger is the worst ever!

B_RAD
02-12-12, 21:27
I just bought a V3. I haven't fired it yet. Just cleaned and lubed. I've dry fired it about a dozen time. It sucks! I don't have another AR to compare it to but I don't remember the AR having this bad of a trigger. Just feels stiff. It also feels like there's a valley in the middle of the pull. Don't know how else to explain it but it feels like about half way through the pull there's a slight valley or where the pull is lighter in that one area. I'm wondering if it will get better? I know it's not supposed to have a hair trigger but it just feels like crap.

Any thoughts?

FChen17213
02-12-12, 21:36
Yes, I think it will smooth itself out and get better. Most AR's triggers get somewhat better with use I think. I am a bit surprised you say that the trigger is horrible. From my experience, most DD's have relatively nice stock triggers. In fact, they are lighter and better than stock Colt triggers. I have even had people ask me before whether my DD had a match trigger rather than the stock trigger before after dry firing it. Nonetheless, each AR is unique, even the same model by the same manufacturer. I would probably shoot it at least 1000 rounds and see if it improves. If it is still crappy, maybe swap out the trigger with a match trigger or even just change out the trigger parts in the lpk.

ForTehNguyen
02-12-12, 21:40
swap it out with a ALG Defense QMS trigger. Basically a tuned mil spec trigger. Mil spec requires a minimum weight of 5.5lbs and a max of 9.5lbs. Every trigger is different between all my ARs

B_RAD
02-12-12, 21:50
I'm a little upset because I spent more $ for the DD over others. I don't want to replace the dang trigger! It shouldn't suck IMO! I'm going to the range this week with a friend who I talked up DD to before I bought it due to it's rep. He just recently bought a DPMS and I'm gonna be real pissed if his has a better feeling trigger after trying to tell him to spend the extra $ to get a quality riffle.

ALCOAR
02-12-12, 21:59
It doesn't matter if it's a DD, colt, lmt, BCM, Noveske(top shelf rifles)......or if it's a DPMS, bushmaster, RRA, Stag, Armalite, etc.(lower shelf rifles), the stock triggers in all of them have a very high likelihood of sucking big time.

That's just how stock single stage mil spec type triggers go....hit or miss, with most of them missing.

What makes your DD better than a DPMS isn't defined at all by the "feel" of that particular DD's trigger pull, or the particular "feel" of your friend's DPMS trigger pull.

DeltaSierra
02-12-12, 22:06
I'm a little upset because I spent more $ for the DD over others. I don't want to replace the dang trigger! It shouldn't suck IMO! I'm going to the range this week with a friend who I talked up DD to before I bought it due to it's rep. He just recently bought a DPMS and I'm gonna be real pissed if his has a better feeling trigger after trying to tell him to spend the extra $ to get a quality riffle.

You missed the point...

The point of the DD trigger is that it is made of the correct grades of steel, not that it will be "smoother" than a cruddy DPMS trigger that is made of inferior materials.

B_RAD
02-12-12, 22:08
It doesn't matter if it's a DD, colt, lmt, BCM, Noveske(top shelf rifles)......or if it's a DPMS, bushmaster, RRA, Stag, Armalite, etc.(lower shelf rifles), the stock triggers in all of them have a very high likelihood of sucking big time.

That's just how stock single stage mil spec type triggers go....hit or miss, with most of them missing.

What makes your DD better than a DPMS isn't defined at all by the "feel" of that particular DD's trigger pull, or the particular "feel" of your friend's DPMS trigger pull.

I know the DD is better but we all know those who buy the cheapest of everything whatever it may be. It's gonna be hard for me to explain why my trigger on the "better" riffle is worse than the one on the "not as good" riffle.

FChen17213
02-12-12, 22:18
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the DPMS does have a better feeling trigger at first. Just keep in mind you didn't pay for a feel good trigger. You paid for a high quality rifle that will last a long time. I went to the range one time with a another guy years ago. He had a Bushmaster. I had a Colt 6920. His trigger was way better. It doesn't matter. The point is that I know that my rifle will still be fine after 10,000 rounds. His Bushy might suffer from a loose gas key, loose castlenut, broken bolt lug etc. after 5000 rounds. Also, who cares what your friend might have to say at the range? It's not a "told you so" contest. You want a quality rifle so you got one. He didn't.

tdoom15
02-12-12, 22:26
My DDm4v5 tigger is pretty good imo, a little heavy but literaly no slack or take up. It's just one crisp break.

pira114
02-12-12, 22:34
If your that worried about having a bigger rooster than your buddy, put a bunch of rounds downrange first. It'll work out.

You're complaining about the feel of a rifle you haven't even fired yet.

samuse
02-12-12, 22:34
Throw an SSA in it and don't look back.

Ratfink
02-12-12, 22:39
mine on my factory dd rifle is a good mil spec trigger

Ratfink
02-12-12, 22:43
mine on my factory dd rifle is a good mil spec trigger and it doesnt bother me at all even though i have numerious geiselle trigger rifles

VIP3R 237
02-12-12, 22:44
The trigger that came with my dd lpk was pretty bad, it has smoothed out the grittyness a little but its still a 8.5 lb pull. I have a alg on pre order with rainier arms and i bet that'll help.

Jake Bauer
02-12-12, 22:55
The trigger on my DD isn't great either but these arent precision long range guns, they're "battle rifles" if you will. Just go shoot the crap out of it and get used to the feel.

Iraqgunz
02-12-12, 23:03
Contact the manufacturer as per site rules.