PDA

View Full Version : Placement of rear folding sights

DeviousMind
02-13-12, 19:15
I have tried a search but can't seem to find much info. I am new to the AR platform. I have a 16 BCM flattop upper with a fsb and purchased a Troy DOA folding rear sight/diamond shape. At this time I am not going to run any other optics as I want to learn how to use my iron sights. My question is does it matter where I mount the rear sight on the upper and if it does where is the best placement? Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move. Thanks

jonconsiglio
02-13-12, 19:32
Mount them as far apart as possible with the rear sight in the rearmost slot. The farther forward it is the more time it takes to line up.

Remember, it's not like pistol sights, the rear aperture should be a large blur, for lack of a better term, and your focus will be all front sight. Don't worry so much about perfectly aligning them unless you're shooting for precision.

Get as close to the rear sight as you can, comfortably.

danco
02-13-12, 19:50
It should go in the last slot to the rear. When folded, it'll just line-up with the rear of upper receiver.

~Dan

http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/forumphotos/troy.jpg

Todd00000
02-13-12, 19:52
Mount them as far apart as possible with the rear sight in the rearmost slot. The farther forward it is the more time it takes to line up.

Remember, it's not like pistol sights, the rear aperture should be a large blur, for lack of a better term, and your focus will be all front sight. Don't worry so much about perfectly aligning them unless you're shooting for precision.

Get as close to the rear sight as you can, comfortably.

This /Thread