PDA

View Full Version : To Install or Not Install?

MFWIC2
02-13-12, 19:58
I want to install a Troy VTAC Alpha Rail 9 inch on my 10.3" CMMG Upper. Currently I have the Surefire M500A Handguards on the SBR.
And was thinking of selling the Surefire M500A Handguards and install a VTAC free floating handguard.

My question is should I modify my original FSP or get a Troy Low Profile Gas Block?
Or should I just leave the current set up like it is?
I really like the look of the VTAC 9" rail and it would be lighter plus more practical. At least that's what I think.

Quiet-Matt
02-13-12, 20:01
I cant tell you which rail is right for you, but if you do need a low profile gas block shaving the front sight is definately the way to go. Its cheap and secure.

MFWIC2
02-13-12, 20:19
I cant tell you which rail is right for you, but if you do need a low profile gas block shaving the front sight is definately the way to go. Its cheap and secure.

I was planning on shaving the FS, because then I can put it back in it's original place with the tapper pins installed and not worry about it coming loose. A little dremel work and some bluing and I'll be gtg plus save some money in the process.

I really like the VTAC Alpha rail or the VTAC TRX Battlerail.

I'm pretty sure I can sell the Surefire M500A pretty quick since it is practically brand new, other than installing it.

JBIRD1371
02-24-12, 15:13
I used a hacksaw and 90 degree grinder. it took about 20 minutes start to finish. The hacksaw was quicker then the dremmel. When I was done My carbine is back on the top of the list as my favorite piece of gear.

Scoby
02-24-12, 16:27
A little dremel work and some bluing and I'll be gtg plus save some money in the process.

Don't forget, if you shave the FSB and install the Troy rail you'll need another front BUIS. If that's of interest to you.